2.4L 4cyl Honda Filter Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just buy the basic Purolator Premium Plus.

Why all the talk about a Silicone ADBV ?
54.gif

It doesn't really matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the filter is pointed up, like on my wife's car, you're right it doesn't matter. (dome down, threads up) Honda dealer is slightly cheaper than Napa Gold... but they're all selling a A02 filter. all 3 dealers told me the A01 is disco'd. No way am I running a fram job with honda letters on the outside. So I have to buy the A01 online. Which aint a bad deal. That one website has everything for hondas!! Fog light kits, Front end masks etc.

Last edited:
One thing I keep forgetting about the Wix filters, is they have a shorter height of filter media due to the bypeass valve being large/separate at the baseplate. I'm going to run the NG 1356 I already have this time, and next time will most likely be a White Purolator for $3.xx. The point of getting this car was saving money, not spending more of it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 4x4taco
One thing I keep forgetting about the Wix filters, is they have a shorter height of filter media due to the bypeass valve being large/separate at the baseplate. I'm going to run the NG 1356 I already have this time, and next time will most likely be a White Purolator for $3.xx. The point of getting this car was saving money, not spending more of it.
Better yet, order a dozen PureOne PL14610 from Amazon for $2.74 each after the rebate.

My next filter will be an STP 3950 if my AZ stocks them. They are huge, and the last one I cut open had about twice as much media as the last L 10193. You may not have room for the 3'' can. Except for the dome end bypass, the L 10193 used to be about as good as the Champs and Hastings.

I had switched to the Purolator after Wal-mart discontinued the ST 3950. I didn't want to downsize to the ST 3593A with the dome end bypass. Instead, I paid more for for an empty white can with a dome end filter. I won't be buying their foreign owners any more schnapps.

Yeah, seem to have have an issue with Purolator being owned by Bosch now or something. Wix is a good US company. That really makes me lean toward them, and their HD quality products.

10-4. thanks. Also, do Hondas come with a Magnetic drain plug?

I don't think so so but I know companies like Spoon Sports sells them.

Dude, the Napa Gold cost me $8.23 out the door!!! That's more than minimum wage in my state!! OMFG. pretty sure that filter is getting returned and I'll be running my trusty, well priced White Purolators. I can't justify paying that much for a freakin oil filter!!! on a honda!!!!

See what happens when you look at the receipt when you get home.

Last edited:
That's one thing I don't like about the Napa's around here. They are essentially closets, and you tell the guy what you want and they go get it. If it comes back and they ring you up and you are like 'man that is way too much', you feel bad that they went to go get it so you go along with it. I paid $15 for a small tube permatex thread sealer there...[censored].

I think Napa Golds are on sale for $5 this month.

I run the Pure One PL14610 in the wifeys 02CRV and run PL14459 in my 03 S2000.Never a problem.

\rv85

Dude, the Napa Gold cost me $8.23 out the door!!! That's more than minimum wage in my state!! OMFG. pretty sure that filter is getting returned and I'll be running my trusty, well priced White Purolators. I can't justify paying that much for a freakin oil filter!!! on a honda!!!!

See what happens when you look at the receipt when you get home.

Order a couple from Fleet Filter and save yourself some money. They charge 50% less for most Napa Gold filters there. I just ordered 4 air filters from them and saved myself a considerable amount of money, even after shipping costs were factored in. I know the local Napa charges a lot for their Nascar Select and Gold filters. Their ProSelect filters are quite a bargain though. I've used quite a few of those.

I cut open a Napa Silver or whatever... the cheaper model. Was not fond of it. Going to run the Napa Gold this time around b/c it's to dang far to return it to save $2. They got me this time... next time it's my fault. I guess the filter is mounted horizontally on the Accord??? That's what All Data is showing. So the ADBV is back in play. Wish I had a Motorcraft to fit it. So it's the A01 Honda online, or a PL locally. Sucks for options.

Last edited:
Yes the pre 08 2.4L Accord K24s had horizontal oil filters. The k24z2/z3 have vertical (dome down) right next to the oil pan bolt...it's a dream doing an OC on it :). But other than that almost all Hondas prior to that have had horizontal oil filters and some are a pain in the a s s to get to.

But I just checked, the Napa Gold is on sale for $5 for the month of August. I'd call your Napa to find out why you got overcharged.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 09rexwagon
Yes the pre 08 2.4L Accord K24s had horizontal oil filters. The k24z2/z3 have vertical (dome down) right next to the oil pan bolt...it's a dream doing an OC on it :). But other than that almost all Hondas prior to that have had horizontal oil filters and some are a pain in the a s s to get to.

But I just checked, the Napa Gold is on sale for $5 for the month of August. I'd call your Napa to find out why you got overcharged.

I thought most Napa sales are regional/local since they're independently owned/franchised IIRC. I know sometimes my local Napa puts their filters on sale while other locations don't...

-edit- I see it on their website now, so you're right, it should be a chain-wide thing...

Haven't heard this ... is the sale for all NAPA Gold filters, or just certain part numbers?

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

Haven't heard this ... is the sale for all NAPA Gold filters, or just certain part numbers?
On the online circular, it says "Napa Gold" so I assume it's all of it.

eh, I aint worried about it. Not worth my time. Just not going back. It's to expensive of a filter, period. Need to find something in the $5 range. Factory A01 Hondas Via online might be a option. Or screw it and buy a white or blue Purolator and call it good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back