1998 Nissan Frontier 620000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lot of ridge running in West Virginia
smile.gif

Actually kinda funny, my elderly mother bought one used 10 or so years ago with about 24k miles on it. Right now it's sitting at around 117k miles and it litterally sounds like every but and bolt on the thing is loose.

Ive sort of wondered if some of these youtube claims are achieved by running with the drive wheels lifted and the vehicle gojng nowhere for a few hundred k.

I remember when Nissan engines were considered some of the best. Their 6 is still in that class.
Their QR and QG series are absolute junk. The SR20DE series was their really last standout 4 cyl.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Wow on a Nissan? Original Engine and Trans?? Thats impressive.

I know right? According to commercials and PR campaigns, only Toyota should be able to do that. My whole world view is broken right now, who and where am I?

My father in law has similar year 4 cyl and I dislike the truck compared to his 2000 6 cyl F150 prior.

Good to they can last as he put large money into his for fuel tank and rear springs. I would have junked it.

And their old 4 cyl diesel lasted forever. I bought one new in I think 1981-82

Originally Posted By: Al
I remember when Nissan engines were considered some of the best. Their 6 is still in that class.
Their QR and QG series are absolute junk. The SR20DE series was their really last standout 4 cyl.

Originally Posted By: Al

QR is not Junk. They had their early issues, but bugs were ironed out by 2007. My moms 07 QR Altima has been flawless for 140k. 140k is hardly worth mentioning, but I doubt the engine will have a major issues anytime soon.

Altimas have a pretty good reliability record. They sell over 300,000 a year with 90% being QR powered. If they were that bad you would definitely hear abut it.

1998, that would be the first year for the Frontier and the KA24DE. Good little trucks, I had an 04 with the same motor and 5 speed manual. It survived the last of my teenage years, lol. Surprised the clutch was intact! I wish I would have kept that truck.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Wow on a Nissan? Original Engine and Trans?? Thats impressive.

You act surprised.. Nissan made awesome products back in the 90s. Well, they still do, you just have to spend huge money to get them. Their pedestrian offerings got sad really fast. I miss the old Nissan
frown.gif

Awesome ... So wonder what work did take place to get it there ? BIL ditched the same year B4 the century mark due to front suspension always needing something ... Went back to full sized ...

Wow... the idiot is holding his phone with one hand, and putting his other hand somewhere other than the wheel to block the light. I'm guessing he was watching the screen too.

Amazing someone who drives that stupidly lived long enough to get that video.

I really liked the '90s Nissan offerings. I loved my '95 Nissan 4x4. It wasn't quick, but the 5-speed made decent use of the KA24E's meager power. It also had 30x10.50s installed by the previous owner (235/75R15s were stock). Tough as a boot, that truck. I bought it with something like 180k miles on it and sold it to my brother with 205k miles on it and he sold it off with 220k or something. They seemed to have a real brand coherence back then, similar to Chrysler in the late 1990s.

Nissans were always good small trucks. Problem was, they rusted to pieces much faster than S10s, Rangers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back