1997 Honda Civic filter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week I'm changin the oil in my best friend's 97 Civic LX (it's a 1.6 non-vtec I believe), and I was going to run 3 quarts of GC 0w30, and 1 quart of M1 EP 5w20 to bring down the thickness of GC since Honda engines like lighter oil.

Now.. I got a K&N-1004 for free, but I was thinking... Heck, I can return it to AutoZone and for that money I can get TWO Boschs (which IMO are better filters!), but I do not know what filter numbers this Civic takes... if it takes a Bosch 3323 (ST 7317, P1 14610, M1 110).. then I already have a ton of those laying around in my garage.

I'm not good at just looking at filters of different sizes and seeing if they're compatible, so BITOG help me!

Bosch 3312 is the correct filter for that Civic. I have a Mobil 1 M-104 that I would trade for a 20073

I don't know if AutoZone will allow you to trade without a receipt.

I wonder if they would know if you purchased it at their store or not? :p Anyways, the Bosch filter you need is the one in my sig, the 3312 as already mentioned.

Originally Posted By: MrWideTires
This week I'm changin the oil in my best friend's 97 Civic LX (it's a 1.6 non-vtec I believe), and I was going to run 3 quarts of GC 0w30, and 1 quart of M1 EP 5w20 to bring down the thickness of GC since Honda engines like lighter oil.

Now.. I got a K&N-1004 for free, but I was thinking... Heck, I can return it to AutoZone and for that money I can get TWO Boschs (which IMO are better filters!), but I do not know what filter numbers this Civic takes... if it takes a Bosch 3323 (ST 7317, P1 14610, M1 110).. then I already have a ton of those laying around in my garage.

I'm not good at just looking at filters of different sizes and seeing if they're compatible, so BITOG help me!

Why do you think the Bosch filters are better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back