1995 GM 4.3 a monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: paulo57509
Originally Posted By: JDD
Can't forget the best thing --the leaks---If it's a part made by GM and it holds fluid--it will leak

I would expand this to include fluids from the outside leaking IN.

Ane you would expand correctly-----------how could I forget how many times my feet were inexplicably wet or I would get a shower when getting out of the car in a rain from all the water that would collect in the door sill.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Mitsubishi 3.0

Not to go off topic, but the Mitsubishi 6G72 is a bullet proof engine. It does have the tendency to burn oil at later stages of its life, but it still keeps on trucking regardless!

The problem being that "later stages of its life" started as they drove off the dealer lot.... :p Yes,the bottom end is indestructible... but the top end sends them to the junkyard way before they should go. And Mitsu *never* got the thing fixed in 10+ years of trying (except the hi-po version in the Stealth/3000GT which had different heads entirely). Almost as bad as their old 2.6 with a new cylinder head casting *every* year through the 80s and never finding one that wouldn't crack.

I had quite a few of the Mitsu/Chrysler 3.0l v6's. All were very durable. The early ones (1987) had worn valve stem seals around 120K miles, but $400 later and the smoking was gone. Got 264k out of the 1987 Voyager. The 1995 3.0 blew a head gasket at 173k and is still on the road (no longer owned by me) with 255k on it. There are still a bunch in my extended family and all have been pretty reliable.

I have never owned a GM 4.3, but many of my friends have, and all have been dead reliable. Except for the common to all GM V engines; intake gasket failure. Everyone that has one praises the 4.3 as a workhorse.

i have the 4.3 in my 90 s15 jimmy 4x4 and i gotta say with 163000 miles and complete lack of oil changes or any maintainence still runs and has most all of its origanal parts which now unfortauntly are all failing on me with all the money ive put into so far coulda had a much better and newer truck.

its a 350 chevy with two cylinders chopped off, ofcourse they are amazing. My truck has 145k and no major engine work has been done, only the distributor cracked about 3k ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back