1995 Buick Roadmaster's upcoming 60K mile service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car is nearing 20 years old. Relatively unknown service history but it runs and drives like a champ. I have two concerns regarding the passage of time and short trips on the car.

The water pump is original (LT1 motor). It's bone dry underneath. Do I have to worry about the distributor taking an antifreeze shower within the next year? I'm aware they start to leak around 100k. I've already put 3k on it myself.

And the transmission was last serviced in 2001 with 38k miles. SHould I service it before 60k is turned over?

We put well over 130,000 miles on an LT1 powered Roadmaster and didn't have any problems with the water pump or the transmission. Transmission was never serviced once.

I wouldn't mess with the water pump unless it leaks sometimes they last forever.

What type of fluid is in the transmission? I would go by mileage note time.

Do a pan dump and filter change. Maxlife would be a great choice. Seal conditioners would do nothing but help the seals in the trans.

How about the belt and hoses on it? Those may need attention. If it is a daily driver changing the pump wouldn't hurt, but it is a choice. Fuel filter. All fairly inexpensive and easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back