1991 Honda Civic Si (1.6L, D16A6) Injector recommendation

Finally installed the new head on my 1991 Honda Civic Si (1.6L, D16A6) and while trying to start the car, I discovered 2 injectors leaking fuel.

Was looking at replacing the injector seals only but now I'm thinking that maybe I should replace all 4 injectors. The Genuine Honda Injectors (Part#06164-PK2-010) are discontinued. Engine has 507k miles and yes, I am the original owner.

Who manaufactures or sells solid injectors these days?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Finally installed the new head on my 1991 Honda Civic Si (1.6L, D16A6) and while trying to start the car, I discovered 2 injectors leaking fuel.

Was looking at replacing the injector seals only but now I'm thinking that maybe I should replace all 4 injectors. The Genuine Honda Injectors (Part#06164-PK2-010) are discontinued. Engine has 507k miles and yes, I am the original owner.

Who manaufactures or sells solid injectors these days?

Any advice is greatly appreciated
If trav cannot fix them (it does happen).. I'd recommend Standard Motor Products brand of new fuel injectors. I installed them in my 96 Civic (D16Y5) and they had been flawless (until the car was totalled in an accident), I got about 7 years on them.. They were manufactured in either South or North Carolina at SMP's factory.

Trav or start doing your research for what can be swapped in that’s still made by the OE supplier. Honda was the weird one - they used D-Jetronic as the basis for PGM-FI using MAP vs MAF(L/LH-Jetronic using a vane AFM or hot wire/Karmann vortex MAF sensor) but Keihin did all sorts of odd things against how Bosch designed it.

Fuel injectors come in all sorts of flow rate, impedance, connector and feed/outlet types. I have a feeling Japanese EFI systems might have a “common” pool of Denso/Keihin/Hitachi injectors.

FWIW I had the original injectors cleaned and flow checked for my old Accord and they tested out fine. I don’t think I would replace them unless I knew there was something wrong with them.

And I don’t think they can be repaired, only cleaned.

Back