19 Ram 1500 Classic Tires - 265-70-17

Yes and no. Yes, the 115’s can handle a bit more weight, however our trucks aren’t rated for more than what the 113’s can handle.
Understood. Asking in a more general sense, not trying to increase weight handling ability.

ALL tires are a compromise, pick wear, ride, or performance!! be aware tyres are unsprung weight, very important for mpgs. research + learn about tyres sizing + capabilities, then choose by your budget!!

I've thought about that, but I really don't want to trade off that ride quality.

The Grabber APT is a "LT" and is still a normal load range, so that might be ok, but it looks like most LTs are E range.
You may be able to have your cake and eat it too. A slightly taller tire will give you more flex and better ride on the rough stuff, even with a higher cold pressure. I wouldn't go bigger than a 275/70/17 without going to a wider than stock wheel such as a 17x9", but have a look at 255/80/17s
(10X33) or 34/10.50/17 (10.5x33.6 typically). Toyo AT IIIs have both examples.

I’ll second the Yokohama g015. mild AT. Quiet if you keep them rotated, 3pmsf rated. Precisely made, track great and handle consistently. Fair in the rain.

not 3pmsf rated, but the continental AT … is it the TerrainContact? Slightly quieter, best ever rain traction for a mild AT, slight drop in handling.

those 2 are my favs.

I’m running Cooper AT3 4S in size 275 60 20. Stock size on my 2016 ram 1500 4x4. Great performance in snow, wet and dry. Quite, and handle fine locally and on hwy.
in everyday driving you wouldn’t know your driving an AT tire. I did loose 1.5 mpg though.

Also, even though the warranty is for 65000 miles mine won’t last pass 30000 miles. This isn’t the norm for these tires. As long as Cooper honors their warranty, I ll replace with the same, if not I’ll be looking at Continental and general tires. Same company.

Michelin defender Ltx, Continental terrain contact HT, General Hts60 or Firestone Destination HT2 are highway oriented all season tires that I’ve seen good results from.

The Continental Terrain Contact AT is a very mild AT that from my experience those that buy them love them.

I feel the same way about most OEM tires, regardless of brand.

With that said, the GY Fortitude HT's on my Ram seem exceptionally poor in this area.
The Fortitude HT’s that were OEM on my Silverado were very slick in the wet too. They would break loose with very light throttle. I was driving in 4WD auto when the roads were wet. I couldn’t wait to get rid of those things!

The Fortitude HT’s that were OEM on my Silverado were very slick in the wet too. They would break loose with very light throttle. I was driving in 4WD auto when the roads were wet. I couldn’t wait to get rid of those things!
We had the Danger Eagle's that wanted to put you in the ditch if somebody spit on the road. Absolutely the worst tire I've ever owned.

Back