19 accord 2.0 turbo burning oil

By definition a 0w20 is going to use better base stocks and less VI improvers especially considering it is highly likely to be synthetic in form. You are basically throwing whatever oil is around in it considering Supertech was on the menu. While Supertech isn't a horrible oil I wouldn't use it in a DI Turboed anything unless I was desperate or it actually had approval.

The K20 in this is way different the K20 in Accords of the past. There is absolutely proof 0w20 is better for the engine but you don't seem to care so I'll stop there. Like I said once you installed a catch can you were your own warranty.
do you realize that with fuel dilution that honda's turbo engines are notorious for, one grade above recommended oil becomes that grades the car is supposed to be ran with? so if 5w30 with starting vis of 10cst @ 100° becomes 8.5cst within 100miles driven, how exactly that is supposed to damage the engine? I've ran 0w20 in my turbo honda and oil when tested came out to be almost a grade below recommended - 6.5cst. Honestly, before you post these kind of statements, be sure to have some fact to back it up, otherwise you're just spreading out FUD based on nothing but speculation.

OP, once again, I believe you're loosing oil somewhere, this is VERY uncommon for these engines. I've ran various brands and weights in my 1.5T and they all did pretty much the same keeping the oil level at the max and slowly going up overtime.

My wife had the 18 Civic with 1.5T. and fuel dilution was bad. I would run the Supertech or Rotella at no more than 5k due to the dilution. I've had many cars drop oil on one brand vs the other, use what works and doesn't leak/loose oil.

Back