'18 Dodge Hellcat SRT 707hp, new 4 mi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy I know bought this yesterday. I will swing by today but we have a "scheduled viewing" tomorrow.
It features a supercharged 6.2l engine and a fluffed up list of options.
I hear the 8 speed transmission (ZF, no?) is good.
$75,815 sticker. A search suggested ~$61,000 for this leftover.

Ohh, he did text that the dealership "gave him" $9,000 in trade-in for his '16 V6 Challenger. I'm afraid to ask how much he paid / financed.

He plans on handing it down to his son if he keeps his grades up. The lad just turned 14.

A speed machine as a daily driver....in northern New Jersey? Not my choice.

Just got a text. He's at the laundramat on Main St. now. I think I'll go visit.

Hoping he picked it up for under 60k on the road. It is a 2 year old car and deslerdhip would be very motivated to move it. Nice ride in any case.

Yep, it uses a ZF 8hp90 8 speed auto. From people I've talked too, they're actually very docile if you're not romping on it. You can even dial them down to "only" 500HP, which is just a tiny bit more than the normal SRT/Scat Pack.

Near NASCAR CUP power on a street car.

And You would give it to his kid when he can drive if his does good in school and his grades are good ! ?

Hopefully the kid's grades are good and he's smarter than his dad and he will refuse - or -
take it and trade it for a Chevy Equinox and put the balance in a IRA.

Way, Way Too much power unless you are a drag racer exclusively.

or a collector who doesn't want to make any money.

And this is coming from an aggressive driver that has owned and built:
Modified 428 Cj Fairlane, 455 Buick, 396 Chevelle SS and a 350 hp 327 Vega

just to name a few.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
And You would give it to his kid when he can drive if his does good in school and his grades are good ! ?

Hopefully the kid's grades are good and he's smarter than his dad and he will refuse - or -

Awh, let the kid have some fun.

Nice price I remember when you had to pay over MSRP for a new Hellcat. It's not too much power for the street. It's a rush to floor a vehicle with that much horsepower even though you do it in a short burst or two. I have ridden in the 650 HP Corvette Z-06's and it' a rush for sure. These cars are just like a regular car to drive until you mash the pedal. It's amazing the amount of dependability on these new high horsepower car they have been putting out the last 15 years.

A guy down the street has a 17 Hellcat Challenger I have gone on several rides and they were fun . I can see why people by one then wreck the car instantly. The acceleration at 100 mph is stunning. The super charged engine delivers immediate violent power I like it. It is a nice riding plush car smooth ride and the 8 speed auto is the cats meow. I would buy a Hellcat Challenger or Charger If I wanted a high horsepower toy.

Originally Posted by Kira
He plans on handing it down to his son if he keeps his grades up. The lad just turned 14.

Maybe he'll put it in "valet mode" before he gives him the keys.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by atikovi

Then the dad wont have to pay for University.

terrible choice.

or just an excuse to buy.

But did he get Dodge Power Dollars over $7070?

Terrible trade in for the Challenger if it had low miles.

I forgot they made a V6 Challenger just the charger .....

terrible choice.

I see what you did there, 'cause the kid will kill himself first? Guess it depends on how responsible he is. The kid that is.

terrible choice.

I see what you did there, 'cause the kid will kill himself first? Guess it depends on how responsible he is. The kid that is.

Even when driven by experienced professional reviewers this car gets away from them

Kid + responsibility + racecar = Not in this world

The kid will make his own fun. I used to get in plenty of trouble with my dad's 92-horsepower Vega when I first got my license. Turning a kid loose in a 700-hp beast is lunacy.

Nice car, but if his kid drives like I did at 16, a bad idea. And I was driving a 63 Valiant and still got in trouble.

Originally Posted by A_Harman

The kid will make his own fun. I used to get in plenty of trouble with my dad's 92-horsepower Vega when I first got my license. Turning a kid loose in a 700-hp beast is lunacy.

Yea but that Vega didn't have Electronic Stability Program, Anti Lock brakes and a half dozen airbags. Insurance will be the biggest issue with that car and a kid driver.

Psychologists know the brain doesn't develop the ability to forecast consequences until the mid to late twenties.

Teenager, even responsible one, with this car - extremely bad idea.

Originally Posted by Bud
Nice car, but if his kid drives like I did at 16, a bad idea. And I was driving a 63 Valiant and still got in trouble.

Yup, that's my concern. I've driven several of these cars and its hopped up Jeep sibling for over a week. I cannot imagine having access to this amount of jam at 16
crazy2.gif

I hope at least he only gives him the black key, though that's still more than enough for him to write himself, and others, off.

Originally Posted by A_Harman

Yea but that Vega didn't have Electronic Stability Program, Anti Lock brakes and a half dozen airbags. Insurance will be the biggest issue with that car and a kid driver.

Those things can be disabled however, and I can pretty much guarantee that he will do exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back