17 Subaru 3.6 Maintenance Due!

I rolled over the 100k mark on the 17 3.6 Subaru. Plugs to be done soon. I went with NGK Iridium (#SILFR6C11/7505). I believe this is the OEM plug. Not 100% as I bought them a few months ago with a Rock Auto coupon code. I'll post the pics of the old plugs. IIRC Subaru recommends 60k but that is one of those WHAT? My conditions should show wear but still good to go conditions. I think anyway!

I am also going to do a CVT flush and fill. Dealer for that one! And I will do front/rear diff drain/fill. For the last 20 years the only diff fluids I can remember using are Mobil 1 and Amsoil. I was going to go Amsoil 75/90 front and rear. Any reason to use another brand? I don't use Amsoil oil, no need for my driving, but I do like their diff fluid.

What say you?

Edit: I am planning on sending CVT sample to Blackstone as well. Will post that of course.

I've used Amsoil Severe 75-90. It has a very long service life. I have also used Valvoline in the squeeze bottles. Lots cheaper and widely available.

Can't go wrong either way.

1639676819471.jpg
1639676759973.jpg

I've used Amsoil Severe 75-90. It has a very long service life. I have also used Valvoline in the squeeze bottles. Lots cheaper and widely available.

View attachment 81246View attachment 81245

Long service life is a plus. I will get plugs and CVT service done first. I may wait until spring for the transfer cases. Easier in warm weather. I did them at 25k with Amsoil. I will do them again between 100k and 125k. After that, it is what it is! Plan on keeping it in the family. I expect 200-250k but much of that relies on other factors like CVT.

View attachment 81246View attachment 81245

Long service life is a plus. I will get plugs and CVT service done first. I may wait until spring for the transfer cases. Easier in warm weather. I did them at 25k with Amsoil. I will do them again between 100k and 125k. After that, it is what it is! Plan on keeping it in the family. I expect 200-250k but much of that relies on other factors like CVT.

Nothing wrong with sticking with NGK iridium, but if the job is impossible, my choice would be ruthenium so you never have to replace them again.

Any synthetic 75w90 is a good choice, even Walmart brand. The Valvoline squeeze pouches are cool, though :cool:

Back