Plugs on 17 Outback 3.6

Was able to get the plugs done on the 17 Outback 3.6 today. brought it to my friend's garage. I was going to loosen the mounts and push up the motor but he said I have time! You take the passenger side I'll take the more difficult driver side. The passenger side was easy and I'm not a mechanic! Shade tree butcher kinda guy ;)

Lots of pics. The plugs were done at 103k. Despite Subaru stating 60k recommended they look pretty **** good. I have seen other OEM plugs for this engine at 100k and they also looked good. No reason to deviate from OEM NGK's here. Let me know your thoughts!

I'm also grateful for a lift! I used it to change my fog light bulbs. So easy when lifted!

Subaru Plugs 2.jpg
NGK.jpg

Attachments

• Subaru Plugs 1.jpg
    Subaru Plugs 1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 9
should've gotten ruthenium so you never have to do them again :D

At least that 3.6 isn't DI, which is why they lasted 100k

looks are deceiving!! girlfriends 2006 i believe passat plugs 1.8T looked good at 50 thou, BUT new ones netted 3 mpgs!!

looks are deceiving!! girlfriends 2006 i believe passat plugs 1.8T looked good at 50 thou, BUT new ones netted 3 mpgs!!

From 10k to 100k+ my mileage has been consistent. Mixed driving is what I do. 22.5 -23.5 winter mix and 23 - 24.5 summer blend. Very consistent and I track these mileages over each 8k OCI. Looks are not deceiving in this instance. This is also a naturally aspired non-turbo.

Back