'17 Accent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Friend of mine needs a car. Looking at an Accent. Any experiences? Something similar that is good. Yes..used cars are a crap shoot.

Originally Posted by Al
Just found out she is looking at a Honda Civic (2015)

Just let her be aware of cvt transmission, prolly for some females not a big deal, but if she is perceptive and notices it drives different it's because of cvt.

My dad had a 2014 Accent 6-speed manual and just upgraded to a '19 automatic. I serviced the '14 from new, and other than needing a clutch at 100k and front sway bar links, it was 100% reliable. The '18 has had one warranty fix so far, apparently Hyundai got a bad batch of spark plugs that caused misfires. Otherwise, they are amazing little machines.

We have those accents at Enterprise. Very reliable and they get beat on considering they are basically the cheapest rental option. I like them. They shift nice and the power is pretty decent. I don't think they had Bluetooth though.

Originally Posted by Al
Just found out she is looking at a Honda Civic (2015)

My daughter has a 2015 Civic that she bought in 2018(3 yrs old). It's been great thus far and I keep an eye on the Consumer Reports reliability data for that year. Superb to date. Keep the CVT fluid changed and I think she'll be fine.

See lots of older high mileage Accents in my area. They seem to hold up and age well for what they are.

Originally Posted by csandste
Think my daughter paid well under $10K for a one year old Hertz Accent (with a AAA discount)-- Three Hertz HyunKias in family. No problems with any of them.

I bought a 2017 Hertz Kia Rio--the sister car to the Accent. Paid a similar amount. Bought it at around 40k fifteen months ago--I'm at 87k now and it's been great. It does get fuel dilution, so my OCI have been short (100 hours) and I use a slightly thicker oil. The sump is pretty small (3-3.5 quarts) and I really like that it uses a conventional, planetary transmission. Everyone has had positive experiences with them that I've read.

Last edited:
I just picked up a 2017 Elantra for my daughter. $9k with 28k miles. Bought it privately.

IMG_20191103_124738292_HDR.jpg

Originally Posted by Al
Friend of mine needs a car. Looking at an Accent. Any experiences? Something similar that is good. Yes..used cars are a crap shoot.

Pfft... you could buy 0.33 Camry for the price of that Accent.

nickaluch said:
I just picked up a 2017 Elantra for my daughter. $9k with 28k miles. Bought it privately. [/quote

You did great on this car. Well done! I mentioned this in your thread when you bought it & took the pics. However, it's really the exception than the rule. This is the type of deal(s) that we'd all love to fall into.

Last edited:
Great little car. We had that and the sister Rio. Same engine, and I believe a Mitsubishi transmission. Rock solid across the board. If you get the hatchback (you should if you can) oodles of space and cargo nearly compact SUV levels. Highly recommend as a value buy and a great choice for a used vehicle as chances are you'll land a superb deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back