'16 Buick LaCrosse: probably my next car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SatinSilver
I see why you like the light colored interior so much. That looks sharp combined with the exterior color. I'd leave the tint alone for now. Worse comes to worse they give you a warning for it. I think you'll be fine but I'd prob get a strip for the top of the windshield. Enjoy the new wheels!

I'd agree about the tint -- it's great to drive with in daylight. But it's kind of dark to see anything in my passenger mirror when parking in darkness. Plus I have to obtain my safety sticker, the "brake tag" as they call it here, and they are supposed to check the tint on your car with a light meter. Some places do it diligently, some don't, but you never know until you get there.

The brake tag can't be done until the registration and license plate arrive, so I don't have to remove the tint and get it replaced just yet. The shop I've used before quoted me $80 to remove the old, and about $240 to put on the lighter ceramic stuff. The back glass, they think, is all right. I may do the top strip as well.

Aside from that, the car needs a good claying, polishing, and waxing. When I washed it Saturday, I could feel how rough the paint surface was. I did the hood this morning, and will tackle the roof and trunk next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back