'15 Journey rotor and brake recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I've used my work address for shipping with Rockauto and I think that's the reason why the shipping price always drops afterwards because shipping to a business is cheaper than a residence. The business is always open and I never get any packages stolen.

I don't know what it is about MOPAR, but I've always developed pulsation with their OE brakes/rotor combination on every one of their vehicles except my current 2015 Jeep Cherokee. I just replaced my '04 Ram's brakes and rotors with Bendix Fleet Metlok pads and rotors maybe 3 or 4 months ago and have been extremely happy with them. They were not expensive and have performed phenomenally well so far, but I prefer semi-metallic pads to ceramic. I see RA has the Metlok pads for your Journey, but not the rotors. If it were me, I'd put on those pads with the Raybestos OE coated rotors or, if you tow or do a lot of "spirited" braking, their Advanced Tech Premiums.

For quite a while now I've been using rotors from www.brakeperformance.com with great success. I'm not sure where they source their rotors from (I don't think they make them themselves but I don't know), but they definitely do coating and machine work for sure. If you get a dimpled and slotted or drilled and slotted set they are lifetime warranty against warping or cracking!

I always get the dimpled and slotted set and have run them on different vehicles now for hundreds of thousands of miles without ever having an issue.

HOWEVER, even though they do include brake pads and even offer a ceramic pad upgrade, do not use them. They are the worst pads I have ever used (I tried standard and ceramic). Instead, throw the pads away and get a nice set of Akebono or similar pads.

They often have sales and include free shipping and sometimes hardware kits too. Get on the mailing list if you can wait, otherwise the prices still aren't bad.

I plugged in a 2015 Journey and it looks like dimpled and slotted coated rotors would be $219 for the front, including shipping and hardware. Then add the cost of Akebono pads. Not sure how that compares with others but to me it's the best way to go and I've been doing it for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back