$1300 brake job on a Charger SRT8. = ???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
just like others in this thread are saying: You have to pay to play. You don't buy a high performance car and expect parts like brakes to be cheap.

Now, I'll do the brakes myself of course and save some money, but it will still be expensive. Not like doing the brakes on the Focus.

bet you won't beat my DIY job. New rotors were 312.00 for all 4 slotted Name Branded Mopars. Aftermarket stoptech pads (check them out, they are EXCELLENT!) were only 148.00 for all 4 wheels. Took 1 hour and 15 minutes start to finish! Seriously the easiest brakes in the world to work on.

Sounds like doing the Cobra brakes on my buddy's 'stang. Pull the pin, flip up the caliper, swap the pads, slide caliper back down, re-insert pin. I was flabbergast at how easy it was.

Doesn't the M5 have fixed calipers on the front? I used to love those on my Mercedes, just pull the two pins and the pads slide out the back, no need to remove the calipers for a normal pad change.

That is a great setup and very easy and fast brake change UNLESS it is all rusted then it is really bad. Had a few Toyotas with the same setup that were a nightmare because it was all rusted into place and had quite a time removing it all.

scr$%^^ew that bro.If he(dealer) cant change it for less ...then YOU should ...friends are friends.If YOU have to take it to your "trusted local", then be it. Don't let him take it like this .

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
$4000 is very reasonable for 60,000 mile service for a BMW

Lol, only if you enjoy giving money to others that charge like high price lawyers.

fiddler

Originally Posted By: fiddler2068
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
$4000 is very reasonable for 60,000 mile service for a BMW

Lol, only if you enjoy giving money to others that charge like high price lawyers.

fiddler

Agreed.

Nothing short of highway robbery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back