'13 Ford Focus Supertech syn or syn high mileage?

I have a 2012 with the automated DC and a 2014 5 speed manual. I really like them both. The automatic is definitely different, but ironically for those who drive the stick version, the automated DC is not all that different. It just isn't like a regular automatic transmission which throws a ton of people off. We bought it used and so far it has been flawless. One of my college age boys drives it. I will say that the 2014 manual is also a SE version with the appearance package. I do love to drive it and it looks great with the black leather seats and awesome alloy rims. We also got that one used at 10,000 miles. Got a great deal because no one wants to drive manual transmissions anymore. Taught my then 16 year old how to drive it and now that is all he wants to drive. Both have been great cars. My driveway looks like a Ford car lot these days...

And in both cars (since I do the maintenance) get steady diet of Castrol Magnetec 0W-20 or 5W-20 and FLS 910-S
Dual-clutches do throw your average driver off as they aren't a true auto in the sense of having a torque converter. I have a dual-clutch (DSG) in my Golf and love it - best auto I've ever had. The Ford "Power $hit" DCT has been plagued by issues but some of those may be from folks not understanding what they were and how to drive them/what is normal behavior.

My company car is a 2018 Ford Fusion. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to do the oil change, I have to take it to a lube and boob. The local Mavis uses Valvoline Maxlife HM. So, sitting on almost 70,000 miles and it's had nothing but HM oil its entire life. I get another vehicle at 90,000 miles, but I think the engine in this one should be nice and clean. OCI is every 5,000 miles. I did go almost 6,500 miles on one OCI during the Zombie apocalypse though. No worries.

Back