Front:
-New sway bar bushings and links
-Complete control arms with ball joints
-Inner and outer tie rod ends

Rear:
-Upper and lower control arms on both sides
-Upper shock mount delrin bushings

Most of the replacements were done since I had everything apart considering the cars age and mileage. Nothing worse than having to tear something apart again just because I decided to cheap-out when I first took things apart.

Overall, to say I'm pleased with the outcome would be an understatement.
This car is so tight and well dampened it leaves me speechless when performing routing traffic maneuvers. No longer does the car pitch and sway with direction changes. I honestly think it takes other drivers off guard, as the car looks totally stock.

The cost of everything was the added bonus. Never did I think I could upgrade and improve everything for so little.

thumbsup2.gif

What is the ballpark for the overall cost?
I remember changing shocks and sway bars on my 2005 Altima 2.5L. Suddenly the car started taking corners without screeching the tires every second, high speed stability improved too, and I started to wonder if I can take the 110mph speed governor off since that speed was not a challenge for the car anymore... But then I sold that thing once someone offered a nice check for it:)

Overall after taxes, install, freight, US border fees and alignment was $2200 Canadian.
Much cheaper than getting a newer car (especially given how much more we pay in Canada for vehicles vs. the US)

If I was in the good ole' US of A, it would probably have been about $1500 USD tops.

'This car is so right and well dampened, it leaves me speechless'

She is your wife afterall😁

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

She is your wife afterall😀

lol.gif

Yup, and since I rely on her daily, she deserves it
wink.gif

Cool, you should try some autocross with it, these old Fords seem to work pretty well and yours should really respond well now. I'm tempted to get some SVT front struts but then I'd have to figure out something for the rear, as stiffer front springs would make my corner exit traction problem worse. The wagon rear suspension doesn't share shocks or struts with other versions.

Thanks for the suggestion indy.

I'd like to take on some autocrosses with it, but considering it's an auto daily I've spared it the abuse. It's also the reason why I've not upgraded any parts of the powertrain (simply because no/very few upgrades are available for auto trans cars).

I'm ok with that
smile.gif
This car's main purpose is grocery getting and trips to and from work, it does it comfortably and reliably. For autocross i have the mistress
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy

This car is so tight and well dampened it leaves me speechless when performing routing traffic maneuvers.

Unless you're constantly wetting it, your car is well "damped".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

She is your wife afterall😁

Lmao.

I truly applaud your work on this OP!
Takes a man with nuts/brain and [censored] hard work to get through it I imagine.
I cursed out my old cadillac cts when working on any motor mounts or a-arms, Ha!
Can only imagine.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
ON the Focus in my sig I recently had the following completed:

Full SVT suspension upgrade kit M-3000 ZX3A kit installed
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fms-m-3000-zx3a

Front:
-Complete control arms with ball joints
-Inner and outer tie rod ends

Rear:
-Upper and lower control arms on both sides
-Upper shock mount delrin bushings

Most of the replacements were done since I had everything apart considering the cars age and mileage. Nothing worse than having to tear something apart again just because I decided to cheap-out when I first took things apart.

Overall, to say I'm pleased with the outcome would be an understatement.
This car is so tight and well dampened it leaves me speechless when performing routing traffic maneuvers. No longer does the car pitch and sway with direction changes. I honestly think it takes other drivers off guard, as the car looks totally stock.

The cost of everything was the added bonus. Never did I think I could upgrade and improve everything for so little.

thumbsup2.gif

Doing some updates to my sig car after nearly 110k miles. Luckily I live in FL and my control arm bushings front and rear were all good.

Great results here, too. All these things are continually degrading both with age and miles, happens rather slowly so you don't really notice it much until it's really bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back