Detroit Axle suspension components

Has anyone used this seller on Ebay? Some people say they make good stuff at a really good price point. I have to get the full kit with control arms, tie rods and sway bar links. It's a 1999 Sienna Minivan. Do the bushings and grease seals hold up for at least 60,000 miles or so? Thanks.

Same here. Front rotors for the 4Runner but bought them off Amazon. Did some research and apparently they make parts for OEM's. Great product at a great price. For suspension parts I use Moog.

Has anyone used this seller on Ebay? Some people say they make good stuff at a really good price point. I have to get the full kit with control arms, tie rods and sway bar links. It's a 1999 Sienna Minivan. Do the bushings and grease seals hold up for at least 60,000 miles or so? Thanks.
Total bottom of the barrel crap stay away, they are not OE on anything except maybe a rickshaw. Do more research and you come up with stuff like this. Also check forums and the BBB.

Is Detroit Axle American made?
Detroit Axle does not exist anymore. The name exists, but these hubs are outsourced and made in China in some random plant. ... The name exists, but these hubs are outsourced and made in China in some random plant.

This is a Delco Europe reman plant, I have been to one of the Bosch ones in Germany and one at ZF, they are top shelf in every way. Which would you buy?

This is Detroit Axle. Looks like an OE supplier to me, not.

I bought a CV axle from Detroit axle. It was made in China, but it did actually work ok with no problems at all for the years i used it.

It’s Chinesium car parts. Use them for what they are. Cheap, inexpensive, and prolly work for a few thousand miles.
Nothing new, but it always fascinates me how a company's name can instill confidence about it's products. A seller distributing no-name Chinese parts with the association of a good sounding name. Detroit Axle sounds so "Detroity" and tied to the American vehicle manufacturing icon.

And now, we also have just the opposite happening. I.E., a once reputable company name such as MOOG known for high quality parts resting on its laurels and declining. Sigh.

Last edited:

I did a front end of a beater 2005 F150 with Detroit axle components. Tie rods control arms and ball joints. If you just need to pass inspection or flip the car, ethics aside, they are economical. If you actually plan on driving do not expect him to hold up for any period of time and on top of that the companies Warranty is a joke. They claim 10 year warranty… But you have to buy the replacement parts from them pay for shipping both ways and then they don’t even send you the money until you call to “remind them onI did a front end of a beater 2005 F150 with Detroit axle components. Tie rods control arms and ball joints. If you just need to pass inspection or flip the car, ethics aside, they are economical. If you actually plan on driving do not expect him to hold up for any period of time and on top of that the companies Warranty is a joke. They claim 10 year warranty… But you have to buy the replacement parts from them pay for shipping both ways and then they don’t even send you the money until you call to “remind them” That your cores have arrived back at their place.

1.75 thumbs down for my experience.

I would not use detroit axle parts on a go-cart. I ordered some parts from them because a customer wanted them so they could meet their budget needs. I took one look, sent the crap back and ordered my regular brand of parts and just knocked off some labor costs to help even the bill for the customer. I did not want his daughter driving on that junk and was worth the small reduction profit - which I still made out ok while putting a car back on the road safe.

Back