Replace bushing or leave it be

I am going through the new Saturn I bought and getting it up to snuff. Upon checking the sway bar to control arm bushings I did notice both sides have this small amount of movement. It’s kind of an odd suspension set up since it doesn’t have a sway bar “link” it instead sticks the sway bar under tension into the control arms. The control arm is also different than many other cars since it only bolts to the subframe by a single bolt and is integrated with sway bar bushing control arm bushing and ball joint. Would you bother with these or leave them be? It’s on an 01 sc1. Here is a video . The noise is the 3ft pry bar so the noise isn’t relevant just the bushing movement.

When you crest the top of a hill, does the car sway? If so they need replaced immediately. I have the same issue on my beater and most of the bushings look pretty crappy...

Either it sways more than you are okay with or it doesn't. As a vehicle ages, the suspension play becomes a sum of the parts' wear so I'd be inclined to replace them.

Pintos blew up when you looked at them wrong. Saturns were decent little cars. Besides that who cares? You buy what you want and I’ll buy what I want that’s the joy of a free market.
Actually no they didn’t. A pretty big myth that was debunked years ago when facts were examined rather than media hype.

Pintos blew up when you looked at them wrong. Saturns were decent little cars. Besides that who cares? You buy what you want and I’ll buy what I want that’s the joy of a free market.
I disagree... my parents had a pinto 2.3L 4-banger that was pretty reliable, including not blowing up after being rear-ended before.

Actually no they didn’t. A pretty big myth that was debunked years ago when facts were examined rather than media hype.
I’ve seen some that did in fact catch fire when rear ended. I’ll give you the media hyped it up and made it bigger than it really was but it was still a weak point.

Who would buy a Saturn? Kind of like buying a Pinto a few decades ago! Why?
Everyone I know who owned a Saturn had them last for an ungodly number of miles with minimal maintenance. I remember working with a guy who had an SL2 that had something like 375k+ miles on it with just basic maintenance before he hit a deer and it was replaced with a Camry.

Back