10 years straight of total boredom

I’m a white, silver, black, and charcoal fan.

The new green Kia Soul is pretty sharp. Not so much the car, but the color.

My history:

Dark Green Metallic/green interior
Gray repaint over faulty red/red interior
Blue with silver panel/blue interior
Dark Cherry Metallic/gray interior
Flame Red/black interior
Plum/gray interior
Dark blue metallic/black and silver interior
Light blue metallic/gray interior

The last one is the Sonata and for some reason the dealer had several Sonatas in the same exterior color with a yellow/brown interior that did nothing for me. I bought the only one with a gray interior he had on the lot so either I bought the rare model with the gray interior or others felt the same way about the yellow/brown choice and I got the last one with gray.

Had silver cars for the last 15 years. Two newest cars are Blue (pictured on left) and gray.

Blue rocks!

After owning a couple beige cars, one was called champagne and one gold mist vs the other colors I've owned like white, red, burgundy and my Sierra is dark blue/silver, I think the beige cars hide dirt the best.

Obviously color is personal choice / decision.

As some one who keeps my cars a long time, I am weary of buying a used car in "fad color". Remember Aqua Marine green from the mid nineties. Or how about the lime green metallic today on a Camaro. Chrysler brought back all of the 70's fad colors with the Challenger and Charger, and because of those car's strong histories they have gotten away them in the market.

Hugger orange, and Sky blue non metallics are already starting to look dated. I am just saying.....just a consideration when making a choice.

I’m not picky about exterior color, as long as it isn’t black. I had one once, never again. It was constantly dirty and really hot inside. Showed swirls really easy.

Always thought red sells the best, as is, Money Red.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Can’t wait to see the owner of that house in the window flipping the bird one of these days.

Having mostly had used vehicles, too many have been white, it’s a super common color. I like white, but after so many I just didn’t want another. I learned buying my first new truck, that the XL model is primarily sold in white (sigh) but could be had in gray. I always wanted green. Green was going to cost another 15k in trim upgrades... so gray it is!

My current fleet:
1 White diamond
1 Medium blue
2 Red
1 Silver
So I guess we are a good mix of boring and not boring... :)

Back