-10 or -12 for Remote Oil Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a recommended size, or is there any benefits (or dowsides) to using one size over the other? Without further information or a reason against it, I was thinking about using -12 just based on looks alone.

Originally Posted By: galaxy
Wow...I'm surprised this didn't kick up some remote oil filter discussion around here!?!

maybe because they're don't what your talking about? or at least I don't. Maybe I'm just dumb, LOL.

-10 or -12 what?

...I have been thinking about a remote oil filter so I don't have to remove the air intake and push old fragile wire looms out of the way to change my filter. But I know why they put it there to begin with - Its the only space under the hood they could find.

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
maybe because they're don't what your talking about? or at least I don't. Maybe I'm just dumb, LOL.

-10 or -12 what?

He's asking if he should use 5/8" or 3/4" lines to the remote filter.

I'm no expert on remote oil filters. But the larger the better the colder you get, IMO. Of course, there is such thing as too large.

My cadi uses a remote filter base from the factory. FWIW I went out and measured the OD of the hose and steel line that they used.

steel line OD: 5/8"
hose OD: 7/8"

I would use the biggest that fits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back