10 day waiting period...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought my Girlfriend a shotgun(see my other post). Today she can go get it.so she went there but she can't get it untill 1:57pm! Exactly 10 days lol I thought any time today would be ok but she has to wait until after the time i paid for it.

I don't see a 10 day waiting perod in the 2nd Amendment...

...nor do I see that we have to have a permit to carry.

I just posted this to the original thread:

Regarding this thread and the situation of the girlfriend living in a trailer that has been broken into a couple of times.

Unless that dog gets proper training to ignore offers of food from strangers, and attack any stranger breaking in / and or she gets a really good alarm system, I think there is a better than 50 percent chance that any gun she leaves in that trailer when she is not in it will be stolen. Hopefully the thief will sell it instead of use it in a robbery, or even actually fire it in a robbery.

So far the thief/thieves has/have only entered when she was not home. That pattern probably will not change, and any gun left in that trailer when she is not there will probably end up in the thieves hands. These drug addicts do not think rationally and it is more like random chance how a gun will be used if they get one.

Yup 10 days to the minute. I deal with it a lot, since guns are my new obsessive compulsive hobby. I usually wait 11 days that way I can drive up to the store I use any time I want.

Wow.
Never even thought about 10 day waiting periods... ever.

Actually now that I think about it I'm kind of surprised that gun stores Here in Texas don't have drive through windows.
Probably a law against it.

(But it would be awesome for call ahead orders.)
If you can't get out of the office to pick up some steel 12ga ammo for duck season, you could drive through and pick it up on the way home.

It would work great just for buying ammo and picking up stuff.

I know they have drive through smoke shops and liquor stores. You still have open container laws though.

It's a shame they have to punish honest businesses for the sake of ignorance.

For high crime areas, I propose a disposable firearm vending machine. You insert your drivers license, a $20 bill. After approval ( online felon check) , a 2 or 3 shot disposable firearm drops in the bin. You use it and drop it back in the bin for recycling. ( Like disposable recyclable Kodak cameras were). This could work for travelers, in airports( how can you hijack a plane if everyone is armed?), sun and surf conditions where you don't want to carry a nice firearm!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: SuperDave456
Wow.
Never even thought about 10 day waiting periods... ever.

Actually now that I think about it I'm kind of surprised that gun stores Here in Texas don't have drive through windows.
Probably a law against it.

(But it would be awesome for call ahead orders.)
If you can't get out of the office to pick up some steel 12ga ammo for duck season, you could drive through and pick it up on the way home.

It would work great just for buying ammo and picking up stuff.

I know they have drive through smoke shops and liquor stores. You still have open container laws though.

It's a shame they have to punish honest businesses for the sake of ignorance.

I know of a pawn shop/gun store that does have a drive through window, but GA is just a little bit freer than Texas when it comes to gun laws.

Originally Posted By: askani79705
Move.
I wish! I cleaned out my savings to get her into this place. It was a nice area until a hoodrat moved in 2 doors down. if she breaks the lease I lose all of it.

As bad as the new laws are here in New Yorkistan....there is no such 10 day wait for a shotgun. Insanity! Clearly the bad guy will wait his 10 days.

Nothing wrong with a review of who you are and if you are eligible to possess; 10 seconds MasterCard knows if my credit is good; airlines are pretty over sensitive yet I'm not restricted to fly somewhere with a 10 day wait period. Excessive any way you look at it in today's day and age.

Not like they are checking to see what psych drugs you are on as that doesn't disqualify you.....

This reminds of when I bought my son a shotgun a number of years ago. Had to wait three days. On the third day, went to the store to pick up the gun, (Walmart). They had to call the manager who came down and verified I was who I said I was. He then took the gun and followed me to the car. When we got to the car, he told me I had to open the truck and he would place it in the trunk, (which he did). I then had to close the trunk in his presence. I asked him why we had to do all this. He said so I wouldn't load the gun in the store and start shooting people. I asked him what would prevent me from opening the trunk, loading the gun in the parking lot, and then proceed to walk in the store and start shooting people. He pulled out his cell phone and told me if I didn't leave right then and there, he would call the police. I got in my car and left.

Originally Posted By: Turk
I don't see a 10 day waiting perod in the 2nd Amendment...

...nor do I see that we have to have a permit to carry.

.....nor do you see that convicted felons, paranoid schizophrenia sufferers, any individual adjudicated as mentally unsound are kept from owning them either.

Just love it when there is strict interpretation of the Constitution.

Back in the late 60's or early 70's my brother and I went by bus to a big sporting goods / gun store in a dangerous section of town, to buy some Christmas presents for our dad. There was a big very mad woman ahead of us and she wanted to buy a cheap pistol and ammunition for it. The clerk asked her why she wanted the gun. She said that a used car sales man sold her a car and the brakes went out on it. The clerk asked her what she was going to do with the gun, and she said shoot the used car sales man. The clerk sold her the gun and a box of ammunition. And then the clerk waited on us.

Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
This reminds of when I bought my son a shotgun a number of years ago. Had to wait three days. On the third day, went to the store to pick up the gun, (Walmart). They had to call the manager who came down and verified I was who I said I was. He then took the gun and followed me to the car. When we got to the car, he told me I had to open the truck and he would place it in the trunk, (which he did). I then had to close the trunk in his presence. I asked him why we had to do all this. He said so I wouldn't load the gun in the store and start shooting people. I asked him what would prevent me from opening the trunk, loading the gun in the parking lot, and then proceed to walk in the store and start shooting people. He pulled out his cell phone and told me if I didn't leave right then and there, he would call the police. I got in my car and left.
You should have asked him what prevented you from leaving and then coming back, at any time, to start shooting people.

Originally Posted By: hatt
You should have asked him what prevented you from leaving and then coming back, at any time, to start shooting people.

As a gun owner, why would you want to bring negative attention to yourself?

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: hatt

As a gun owner, why would you want to bring negative attention to yourself?

X2........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back