10% Alcohol In NJ Gas ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, I live in NY and my gas pumps state 10% Ethanol. The NJ gas is cheaper (and on my way home)and it does not say anything about Ethanol on the pumps. I know that it used to be used only in the big city areas, don't know if that holds true today. Does NJ gas contain a percentage of Ethanol?

Yes, I am from NJ and all of the pumps I've come across say 10%, they should all have the sticker, if they don't, I think they are in violation of the law.

It could just be the stations that I go to or I'm not remembering correctly. I know that a while back the NJ pumps didn't have the signs. I'm usually getting the fuel on Rte. 17 around the Ramsey, Mahwah area. So does the fuel contain 10% Ethanol like the NY fuel??

It all depends on what your state laws are about labeling E10 gasoline. Most are required to inform you that their gas does contain ethanol. Costco did that once not labeling an E85 pump and a lot of people fell for that one.

It dosen't matter to me weather it's labeled or not, I just wanted to know if it has 10% alcohol like the gas I get in NY. Even though the gas is a LOT cheaper in NJ I'm just far enough to make it not really worth it. But since I get better mileage without the alcohol I would consider making the trip if I knew that I was getting cheaper fuel AND better mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back