10/30/2019 - Message from ALS on shipping oil samples via USPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement to Customers: Change of Service

Please be advised that shipping your sample may be affected due to a recent enhancement in package security by The United States Postal Service (USPS).

Effective October 1, 2019, packages with stamps as postage that are more than one-half inch thick and/or weigh more than 10 ounces are now prohibited from anonymously being entered into the mail stream through collection boxes or Post Office mail slots. According to The United States Postal Service, this action was taken to enhance security measures and to protect the public, postal employees and postal contractors who transport the U.S. Mail.

Refer to the complete USPS announcement at the following link, https://about.usps.com/newsroom/nat...curity-enhancements-begin-this-month.htm

How do I mail my sample?

Customers who opt to use postage stamps to mail packages, or other items, weighing more than 10 ounces and/or more than one-half inch thick must conduct their transactions at a Post Office retail counter.

Customers can also take advantage of Postal Service self-service kiosks to purchase postage labels and drop those packages into the package slots, not mail slots, at a Post Office.

Customers can purchase postage online at home or work through the USPS "Click-N-Ship" service.

Customers can purchase pre-paid First-Class return mailing pouches from ALS.

Customers can use an alternate courier such as FedEx or UPS to ship your sample.

Been a very long time since I mailed something with stamps of those dimensions/weight.. no impact on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by KingShalamar
Probably trying to avoid carrying too much weight for less. Its business as usual.

Is that a problem there in Switzerland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back