1/4 and 3/8 Cordless Ratchets + 3/8 Impact - Snap On or MAC

**** Before anyone says Milwaukee - I don't like them the heads are much too bulky ****

I am looking to get into a cordless ratchet / impact set.

Compact size, durable and ergonomic are my primary concerns.

Almost all my friends have Snap On because there isn't a reliable MAC man here, I generally have MAC tools. The lack of a MAC man doesn't bother me because I no longer use them professionally, I do however work on a good bit of stuff and if I'm going to spend money on it I want good quality tools for my money.

I feel like the longer button on the MAC would be better but the snap on looks more compact in pictures. The MAC appears to be partially metal in the body.

Anyone have experience with both can offer opinions?

Ingersoll Rand

r3130iqv20-cordless-rachet-wrenchwith-batteryjpg.jpg

r1120latbatteryljpg.jpg

w5130cordlessimpact1rajpg.jpg

Check the reviews and stat's. From what I have read, the IR impacts kick butt on the Snap On and Mac. Unless Snap On or Mac have finally caught up.

I have a 3/8 standard length Snapon 14.4 volt ratchet and a 1/4 inch extended reach 14.4 ratchet. Honestly dont know how I worked without them. I demoed the Snapon for a week and did Milwaukee for a week and preferred Snapon to milwaukee. That said, I dont like the trigger on the 3/8 impact so I have not bought it. I have Ridgid 18 volt tools and I have the compact 3/8 impact that goes with my ridgid tools. The battery is bigger than the 14.4 tools but I still find it quite handy. Another tool I dont know how I worked without.

If between those two brands Snap-on but only because I haven’t ever used Mac power tools but I did look at them on the truck and they do seem well built. Overall my favorite tool truck power tools that I’ve used so far are Matco. The Snap-on are ok but the specs of the Matco are far superior and when using them it really shows.

Check the reviews and stat's. From what I have read, the IR impacts kick butt on the Snap On and Mac. Unless Snap On or Mac have finally caught up.

I’m less concerned about the power than the size. If I need power and have room for a large tool I can always break out the FAR72 or the 234.

I have a 3/8 standard length Snapon 14.4 volt ratchet and a 1/4 inch extended reach 14.4 ratchet. Honestly dont know how I worked without them. I demoed the Snapon for a week and did Milwaukee for a week and preferred Snapon to milwaukee. That said, I dont like the trigger on the 3/8 impact so I have not bought it. I have Ridgid 18 volt tools and I have the compact 3/8 impact that goes with my ridgid tools. The battery is bigger than the 14.4 tools but I still find it quite handy. Another tool I dont know how I worked without.

Good feedback, I ‘m heavily invested in 20v Dewalt so I could always get that impact to go with the 1/2” one. I sometimes use a 20v impact driver with an adapter for sockets but the added length can be an issue and it’s a lot of cleanup to later use it for house work.

not sure if I should do the extended ratchets or not.

I’m less concerned about the power than the size. If I need power and have room for a large tool I can always break out the FAR72 or the 234.

Good feedback, I ‘m heavily invested in 20v Dewalt so I could always get that impact to go with the 1/2” one. I sometimes use a 20v impact driver with an adapter for sockets but the added length can be an issue and it’s a lot of cleanup to later use it for house work.

not sure if I should do the extended ratchets or not.
My dad has Dewalt 20 volt. I got him the 3/8 impact for his birthday last week. He likes it so far but hasnt used it a whole lot yet. I find the extended 1/4 ratchet fits in far more spaces than the regular one. Its the greatest tool ever for timing cover bolts and dash bolts. I didnt care for the extended 3/8 ratchet

Back