1/2 Hi-Torque Cordless Comparison

An IR 2235timax is cheaper and more versatile than any of those options. And it is just as powerful, if not more. A 26 gal HF compressor can run one perfectly.

I often am working on stuff not in my garage. Even if I wanted to drag a hose outside (snow, mud, dirt) the hose might not reach. The cordless seems easier in many cases. But I have many pneumatic tools also.

I look at cordless as a welcome addition to my air tools not a replacement for them. I just had to remove a wheel on the Kubota yesterday down in the back, I would have had to drag over 150 feet of air hose out there or use a breaker bar, the mid size Makita took them right off.
I am cautious about using a breaker bar. I used one on some lug bolts on a boat trailer and snapped two off. A machine shop used a milling machine (I think) to remove the broken off lug bolts. I think an impact wrench would have gotten them out.

I am cautious about using a breaker bar. I used one on some lug bolts on a boat trailer and snapped two off. A machine shop used a milling machine (I think) to remove the broken off lug bolts. I think an impact wrench would have gotten them out.
My current method is to hit a rusty lug nut with PB Blaster. Then try and get it off with an impact. If it does not come off with a little work on the part of the impact wrench, then I come back the next day with more PB Blaster and try again. In some cases it has taken a few days, but I get them off. Patience is a lot easier than snapping off a lug bolt or stud.

I knew these wouldn't be a issue, they have anti seize on the threads and I didn't tighten them with an impact but yes you are correct impact is a lot less likely to break something off.

I use both but I LOVE my cordless impacts and they serve 99% of everything, even in the shop where air is readily available.

I don't understand why guys want to make it an air vs battery thing. They can co-exist and complement each other.

On a BJ press doing u-joints the control of cordless is superior -- you can blip it forward or back a touch MUCH easier. The inherent speed of air gets away from you, esp backing off.

But in tight quarters I grab my Astro Nano pneumatic.

For those who don't like change, don't be threatened! We won't mandate you buy a cordless impact!

I use both but I LOVE my cordless impacts and they serve 99% of everything, even in the shop where air is readily available.

I don't understand why guys want to make it an air vs battery thing. They can co-exist and complement each other.

On a BJ press doing u-joints the control of cordless is superior -- you can blip it forward or back a touch MUCH easier. The inherent speed of air gets away from you, esp backing off.

For those who don't like change, don't be threatened! We won't mandate you buy a cordless impact!

I agree, It's been a several months now since I've used a air impact. Didn't think I'd like cordless impacts much as I do being a diehard pneumatic guy for so long.

Air is still a big part of a working shop though.....Air Hammer, Fluid Extractor, Coolant Refiller, Air Blowers, & Tire Inflators all require air. Come to think of it......My Trans Jacks 1st stage requires air as does the Locks on my drive-on lift.

That being said....I rarely use my Cordless High Torque (Honda Crank bolts, Dana Pinion nuts & the occasional stubborn Axle nut or LSx Crank bolt), Use my Mid Torque 98% of the time.

Bless you for not mandating.

Back