1,000,000 mile Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about 115,000 miles and 31,000 hours? (Those numbers are NOT typos.)

That one was a 5.9 Cummins...and ran perfectly.

One bus had 350,000 miles, the hour meter had stopped 5+ years earlier showing about 20K. That was an E350...with a 300ci six!
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
1 Million Miles / 15 mpg = 67000 gallons of fuel (there were a few years if not more of $4 gallon) so lets go with $3/gallon average. Thats $200,000 in fuel.

From the article it says that the owner drove the truck long haul trips from his home to his job..so that would be a commuter vehicle.

IF he would have bought a 2007 Prius instead... 50mpg - 20000 gallons of fuel..thats $60000 in fuel.

He would have $140000 in his pocket in fuel alone.

---------------
Ok this is the mystery- commuter vehicle back and forth to his job. 1 million miles/ 9yrs. 111000 miles a year. A job worth driving that far for has to be a dang decent job..so lets say he works 5 days a week. So that puts the pickup truck on the road 2 days a week. That would be 104 days on the road. Thats 1000 miles a day...so that cant be right. So lets say he works his shift then goes home every day after work. 250 work days a year- thats 444 miles every day after work. at 60 miles per hour he would be on the road 7.5 hours every day after work... wait that dont make sense either.. he would have to split it up...so yeah he would have to drive 4 hours every day after work, then drive 4 hours to work.

There is no mention of tires and oil changes etc..so you gotta guess that there was alot of time spent doing tires and oil changes in between his breaks of not working and not driving...

What a terrible quality of life that would be, not to mention how hard it would be on your body. I drive an hour each way and its all I can stand.

Agreed

Only confirmation I need is a pic of the owner. After that I'll believe the mileage.

Originally Posted By: Excel
125K miles a year is a lot of driving...Bet the seat was worn the fk out

I'd think the cushioning would be shot, but the vid only showed one tear. I would have expected worse.

The guy got 1 million miles on it. Why some just choose to snivel and not believe it is just stupid.

There is a couple of other video out there by the selling and servicing dealer showing the receipts and service records the owner kept. Probably 99% of the work great and small was done by the same dealer.

https://youtu.be/zU2sIM0C4O0?t=38s

I'm surprised the frame didn't break in half, between bed bounce and rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back