0w30 vs. 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I doubt you'll gain 20 or 30HP from a CAI and a muffler. Maybe 5HP if you are lucky.

There will also be very little appreciable HP difference between oils between a 30 and 40 weight oil.

VTEC Sticker is good for 20 HP Yo!

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I doubt you'll gain 20 or 30HP from a CAI and a muffler. Maybe 5HP if you are lucky.

There will also be very little appreciable HP difference between oils between a 30 and 40 weight oil.

VTEC Sticker is good for 20 HP Yo!

Don't forget the wing! It also doubles as a handle when it breaks
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
Street racing is for idiots! I hope you get pulled over, cuffed and charged before you hurt anyone. If you hurt someone in my family you wouldn't make it past your 12th birthday!

Who said it was street racing, there are legal drag strips for this type of thing. Honestly, was there anything in my post that said anything about street racing ?

For the real car guys here, heres a link you might enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTdwZLrstPk

Ummmm....the original poster specifically said he was interested in "street" racing "hard".....Now if he meant to say "track" racing, I'm sure many here would lighten up on the guy.....
....except for the "wing"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: el_zorro
Originally Posted By: webfors
Street racing is for idiots! I hope you get pulled over, cuffed and charged before you hurt anyone. If you hurt someone in my family you wouldn't make it past your 12th birthday!

Who said it was street racing, there are legal drag strips for this type of thing. Honestly, was there anything in my post that said anything about street racing ?

For the real car guys here, heres a link you might enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTdwZLrstPk

This is my favourite class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc8drwJIeMI

The Purvis car (Robert Patrick) broke the track records for both ET and MPH the last few times I was at the IHRA nationals. Both tracks, Cayuga (TMP) AND at Grand Bend. The car runs 6.30's at well over 200Mph on motor.

he said give it wings, i.e. make it fly
not give it a wing

c'mon guys

give straight answers, what weight oil is the best for riding this application hard
i'm saying 0W30 synthetic or 5W30 dino, and if you're driving it hard, change it often

30 vs 40 weight oil is not going to affect your horsepower or performance,
no, it's not

and you don't have 20 to 30 hp in mods on your car

drive it, enjoy it, take proper care of it, and if you want to become a better driver/racer, then take it to the track where the real racing is, and you'll learn a lot about driving as well as from associating with guys in the know

don't do anything foolish or illegal that may jeopardize your life or your freedom, or the life of anyone else for that matter

Originally Posted By: philobeddoe
he said give it wings, i.e. make it fly
not give it a wing

c'mon guys

give straight answers, what weight oil is the best for riding this application hard
i'm saying 0W30 synthetic or 5W30 dino, and if you're driving it hard, change it often

30 vs 40 weight oil is not going to affect your horsepower or performance,
no, it's not

and you don't have 20 to 30 hp in mods on your car

drive it, enjoy it, take proper care of it, and if you want to become a better driver/racer, then take it to the track where the real racing is, and you'll learn a lot about driving as well as from associating with guys in the know

don't do anything foolish or illegal that may jeopardize your life or your freedom, or the life of anyone else for that matter

Well written.

we got off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back