07 Yukon Front End Refresh

Recently DIY'd the front end of our 07 Yukon Denali w/193k miles.
Changed:
New Inner and outer tie rods
New Upper control arm w/bushings and ball joint
New Lower control arm w/bushing and ball joint
New CV axles
New Bearing hubs
Painted rebuilt calipers
new pads, rotors & hoses

And soon I'll change the valley cover (VLOM), oil pressure sensor, and pulley w/new bolt & seal.
DSCN8030.JPG

DSCN8034.JPG

DSCN8046.JPG

DSCN8047.JPG

Last edited:
That's a lot of work!

Question, though... Why do all that and not replace the struts? At 193k they almost definitely need to be replaced if they haven't been before.

That's a lot of work!

Question, though... Why do all that and not replace the struts? At 193k they almost definitely need to be replaced if they haven't been before.
Looks like he did replace them, they look a lot better than the old ones with the rest of the old parts. Hope all the new stuff holds up OK, sometimes the original is better.

Reactions: D60
I tend to do that “while I’m here” approach. Because I don’t enjoy doing a job twice when a part inevitably fails.

Nice work. I see you have a balancer there? Is the old one cracking/checking?

Does this engine have AFM? Any reason to pull the rest of the water pump/timing cover off?... great time for a cam!

Nice work. I see you have a balancer there? Is the old one cracking/checking?

Does this engine have AFM? Any reason to pull the rest of the water pump/timing cover off?... great time for a cam!
No for pulley and AFM. Except for a few early 07 6.2s, the 07-08 6.2s didn't get any afm/dod hardware.
I've changed the water pump, had the oil pan off, transfer case/tranny out, and changed the rear main seal and pickup tube o-ring.
Maybe when I change the VLOM, and pulley/balancer/seal/bolt, I'll pull the water pump & reseal the timing cover?

No for pulley and AFM. Except for a few early 07 6.2s, the 07-08 6.2s didn't get any afm/dod hardware.
I've changed the water pump, had the oil pan off, transfer case/tranny out, and changed the rear main seal and pickup tube o-ring.
Maybe when I change the VLOM, and pulley/balancer/seal/bolt, I'll pull the water pump & reseal the timing cover?
Nice! I can never keep straight which of the Gen IVs had AFM in the 6.2s... Are ya thinking of a cam at all? Would be cool, but even still, the 6.2 is a good motor power wise. Nice truck for sure you have there.

Nice! I can never keep straight which of the Gen IVs had AFM in the 6.2s... Are ya thinking of a cam at all? Would be cool, but even still, the 6.2 is a good motor power wise. Nice truck for sure you have there.
No cam in its future.
We don't tow and we drive conservatively. We have no need for all of the 6.2L power. A 4.8 or 5.3 would serve us just fine. But the only way to avoid afm was to get a Yukon Denali w/6.2L. The regular Yukon came w/5.3 and afm, NOT! We do need/like the Denali awd because we have a second home in the CO mtns.

Back