07 gmc sierra 1500

hello guys

I have an 07 gmc 6.0 i’ve noticed a loss of oil pressure drops done to 21 psi when warmed up idling and used to be around 26 but is around 39 when warming up.

don’t know how many miles oil pump is suppose to last but i know a pain in the ass to change or just a clogged pick up tube?

any advice
Jake

I’ve only had to replace one or two oil pumps and only seen very few be replaced. Not just in these but in general usually they last the life of the vehicle. All of my personal vehicles still have the original. Not sure how hard it would be to change I’ve never done one on these trucks.

could be several issues but i would try a different oil + hope your NOT using any xxW20 oils!! your location which you do NOT show has bearing on oil choices as well as your engines history. older high mile engines get looser + a higher running viscosity-last number- may help

could be several issues but i would try a different oil + hope your NOT using any xxW20 oils!! your location which you do NOT show has bearing on oil choices as well as your engines history. older high mile engines get looser + a higher running viscosity-last number- may help
nope just use 5w 30 engine oil

You mention warmed up idling but what is the pressure at 60 mph in top gear? I have a 2008 6.0 with similar results. I believe all is well and now I run 5w40 and 0w30 Euro oils that are in the range of 12-13 cSt at 100 C. I’m at 212,000 miles. It’s just natural wear in my opinion. At 60 mph it’s about 37-40 psi at full engine temp of 210 F.

Last edited:
Back