06 Nissan Titan -- how's this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an 06 Nissan Titan CC with 2500 miles. Want to get the factory oil out and replace with a synthetic. AA had the QS synthetics on sale BOGO couple weeks ago. Of course they were out of Pennz Platinum so I got the Q 5w-30 for the Camry and Torque Power 10w-30 for the Titan. The beast holds between 6.5 and 7 quarts depending on the filter. I was thinking of going between 4 and 5K, a number of short trips to work but some highway and interstate in there too. Would this work in the vehicle and driving type?

haa. I was just looking at the QS Synthetics and I would definitely recommend them. Check out www.qpower.com. They don't have the PDS yet for the QTorque Power.

Im using GC 0w-30 on the same truck as yours (o6 titan CC). i believe these trucks like thicker oils and a good synthetic is a wise choice. hope u have fun comparing my UOAs with your own
cheers.gif

True. I meant to say that if you're towing or hauling heavy stuff, which is why i bought a titan, i would assume a near 40 weight oil would do the trick.

Highroller how has the GC been in your Titan? The short trips mine will see are what scare me. This engine is supposedly hard on oil but does have a 6.5 qt sump to offset that some. Just want to start it out right.

I'll be posting a UOA in the coming weeks of PP 5W30 on a 5k+ run that you can reference. I know this does not help now but thought you might want to keep an eye out for it.

I had a 2004 Titan CC with big tow package. I went 6-7k oil changes on it with Amsoil 5w30. It loved it. I also towed different things from cars, jetskis, to a full race trailer. Also took a trip in it. It's oil always came back perfect. I could have gone longer if I wanted too but I never did.

12glocks---i am using pp5w30---2007 titan kc 2w e85---1000mi wk/60hwy-40city---i am going to change 5k w/wix filter---will post
coffeetime.gif

Use what ever grade they recommend. My truck purrs like a kitten with Amsoil 3K although the gas mileage suffers some.

Quote:

haa. I was just looking at the QS Synthetics and I would definitely recommend them. Check out www.qpower.com.

Glad to hear you say this Buster. Here in Canada, we never get true oil sales. But around a month ago the quaker state full synthetic went on sale for 1/2 price. I picked up 5 5L jugs for $17/each. I'm interested in seeing how they do. Johnny said that between the PZ and the QS synthetics, the PZ is better, but for that price, I couldn't resist.

I think he said PP's primary basestock was Shell XHVI and the QS used a slightly lower VI basestock they bought from ChevronTexaco with the same add pkg. Either way you are getting a solid primarily GIII basestock (maybe with an Ester Carrier) with a good add pkg.

At half-price I would take the QS.

Thats the same thing I found at AA a few months back. They were out of PP so I got the QS torque power and advanced full synth. Truck seems to have liked them, no weird noises, no usage at all. I will get a UOA on my next PP run just to see.

NC---i drive a lot of diff trucks & i am very impressed with the 07 titan---it has an uprev tune w/var valve time---16mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back