06 Jeep Commander - decent? garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Donald
I am not sure why one would buy a 2WD Jeep. Jeep has one of the best 4WD systems available. But in 2WD, why?

My brother had one when he lived in FL. A 90-or-so 2WD Cherokee. He kept it until 2002 so it must've served him well. I doubt it ever saw snow, at all.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
The reason many people buy 2wd SUV's/CUV's is that they realize they don't need (vs. want) the capability and/or increased maintenance cost of 4wd. They have the necessary driving skills to travel the roads in front wheel drive and are not delusional about 4wd. The vast majority of vehicles in Michigan are 2wd.

People choose the 2wd SUV/CUV body style wanting the utility aspect of that vehicle. Better clearance, bigger tires, more functional storage space (i.e. - the muddy hunting dogs can hop in the back area.). Something in between a car and a pick up.

It's not that hard to understand. Of, course, there are a few poser, JEEP wannabes, but Soccer Moms would not fall into that category, I think. Just the opposite, many men need the image aspect of a 4wd, testosterone laden vehicle (no insult implied to anyone here).

The most versatile vehicles I owned were my short wheelbase Caravans (livestock,grandkids,building materials, etc.) Too bad today's minivans are bloated people movers.

Agreed....I would be fine with a 2wd one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back