03 Mazda 6- 4cyl - electrical problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needed a battery boost due to a defective altenator, showing battery dashboard symbol etc. After boost car running but no lights, signals, parking lights, and last but not least no power windows. Brake light yes.Put in a re built altenator $350 that is now charging but nothing improved electric wise with those items not working. Has to be the boost that caused the problems. Plus I might add there is a 30 amp fuse burned out, after altenator exchange tried another fuse that too burned out. Has anyone a clue??? Rebuilt cost me $350 Problem will cost me$$?

Sounds like a short somewhere in the circuit supplied by that fuse. Maybe trace the wiring harness as much as possible and look for damage.

back up have a beer and breathe.

What does this 30 amp fuse run, is it a "maxi fuse"? Those go off and feed other smaller fuses. Do you have your owners manual?

Aside from the parking lights, this sounds like the ignition switch contact for "run only, muted during start".

I suspect you have a body control module that's not behaving. These like to involve themselves by offering frilly stuff like windows that work 10 minutes after shutting off the key etc.

Cross cables, we see it a lot on Mazda's because a lot of them do not have + and - marked clearly. Our sales / detail guys average one a year that they jump backwards and it usually leads to huge wiring repairs.

No problem with the 03 the positive has a red cap which anyone would see. No but I heard that jumping a battery is now alot more complicated. I wonder if anyone would know what not to do??
crazy.gif
That would be a good thread alone.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Cross cables, we see it a lot on Mazda's because a lot of them do not have + and - marked clearly. Our sales / detail guys average one a year that they jump backwards and it usually leads to huge wiring repairs.

Post script. Bulbs, motors, cut to the chase looked like a high voltage burned the electric circuit. Disaster that took over three hours to fix. Had to be boost. Maybe like you said crossed cables. Either way drivers side window does not go up. Other than that ok. Drivers side motor is about $700 amazing what happened after a boost that we all have done tons of times.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Post script. Bulbs, motors, cut to the chase looked like a high voltage burned the electric circuit. Disaster that took over three hours to fix. Had to be boost. Maybe like you said crossed cables. Either way drivers side window does not go up. Other than that ok. Drivers side motor is about $700 amazing what happened after a boost that we all have done tons of times.
frown.gif

Yup that is what usually happens. You might just have to get the dealer to reinitialize the window switch. On some Mazdas, and I have seen them on the 3's with dead batteries, the switch just has to be turned back on via the scan tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back