02 Ford F250 sd xlt 6.8 only starts if I hold gas then dies!!

The “only runs if you keep your foot on the gas” part makes me think IAC valve. I had that problem on my 2000 Lincoln town car with the related 4.6 L V8. I was able to clean it, so replacing it may not be necessary.
Also on most Fords, when you floor the throttle pedal while cranking, it shuts off the fuel injectors.

The “only runs if you keep your foot on the gas” part makes me think IAC valve. I had that problem on my 2000 Lincoln town car with the related 4.6 L V8. I was able to clean it, so replacing it may not be necessary.
Got a new one

My daughter's Edge had similar symptoms to your F250 a couple of years ago, and it turned out to be the ABS module/controller, whatever it's called. Once that was replaced, all was well.
I’ll give it a try

I’ll give it a try
I doubt that's cheap and I'm extremely skeptical an ABS code would cause a no start/hard start on a 2V truck.

Get Forscan and see exactly what it thinks is wrong with the ABS. I'm betting a WSS is just being stupid.

Changed already
Have you used good quality parts?
Can you do a full list of what you have replaced?
Do you have a battery charger hooked up while you’re testing?
Once you have Forscan up and running do a full fault code read of the vehicle, record what’s stored, do a clear down of the fault codes and then try and start in again, don’t touch the throttle and let it crank for a good minute. Do any fault codes return?

If no fault codes you will have to use live data to see what’s going on.

Didn’t a member have a similar issue recently on a Ford V10 bus that ended up being the crankshaft position sensor.
Yeah but it was a 3V. Still, general principles are the same.
Have you used good quality parts?
Can you do a full list of what you have replaced?
Do you have a battery charger hooked up while you’re testing?
Once you have Forscan up and running do a full fault code read of the vehicle, record what’s stored, do a clear down of the fault codes and then try and start in again, don’t touch the throttle and let it crank for a good minute. Do any fault codes return?

If no fault codes you will have to use live data to see what’s going on.
Nah, he's just gonna let us throw out suggestions and then reply with one-liners.

You're right- these types of threads can't lead anywhere helpful without a comprehensive list of exactly what's been done and replaced, a history of the symptom(s), and actual numbers/values for PIDs if requested.

Nah, he's just gonna let us throw out suggestions and then reply with one-liners.

You're right- these types of threads can't lead anywhere helpful without a comprehensive list of exactly what's been done and replaced, a history of the symptom(s), and actual numbers/values for PIDs if requested.
yep good ole Garbage in Garbage out.

Yeah but it was a 3V. Still, general principles are the same.

All someone can do to respond is go with the information which is given by the OP and not complain about it. It's like going to the doctor. Some withold valuable information and expect an accurate diagnosis.

• Haha
Reactions: D60
Back with an update!! So I had it at a shop and the guy says it’s my timing chains! Didn’t say they’re broken so I’m assuming maybe one of the guides or tensioners broke causing it to jump time. Or could I be wrong? If one of the chains are broke would it still start?… and just because I’m not responding right away doesn’t mean I’m just letting you guys throw out suggestions, stop crying like a female 😂.. but I do appreciate everyone for trying to help

ABS module was making it stall/hard to start?
I remember the brakes being extremely stiff and it was hard to stop the vehicle, and to the best of my memory it was having some issues running. I was dealing with some serious medical issues when it happened, and my memory from the time is a bit foggy.

Back