'01 Accord approaching 150K

Status
Not open for further replies.
This vehicle has no pan or filter to replace, only a drain plug. I'm probably going to do the multiple drain/refill routine at 150K. How long a run time is needed to have the new fluid circulated in the system before going on to the 2nd and 3rd fills?

Sure would hate to be dumping the fresh stuff
smile.gif

Mike,

I would think 10 miles or so of highway driving, but that seems a waste since you are changing every 10k or so, if I remember correctly. I would run it at least 500 miles just b/c I would feel wasteful. Heck, I would feel wasteful at 500 miles, but then again I haven't had to replace my tranny.

Benjamming, yeah I've been changing at ~10K intervals since the original autotrans failed at 112K with frequent (20K) drain/refills. I've lost confidence in these Honda 6th Gen drivetrains. I frequent a bunch of Accord sites (see you there also), and these 6th Gens continue to fail. Still hoping to see 300K with this vehicle though.

Anyway, I figured every 50K I might do this fluid exchange and extend my drain/refills to 15K intervals afterwards. Sort of like starting from scratch. I currently have 33K on the reman and it's acting normally, so I hope Honda found the weakness and engineered the fix into the remans they provide the dealers.

I've been following the Amsoil fluids in this series also, and I believe that may be the ticket, if no shifting/drivability irregularities pop up for other owners using this fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back