supertech walmart filter help

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i was looking for my other car in a bind something fast was gunna pick up a supertech for one change but i looked at it and the inside had no holes? solid metal. i checked all the other brands there they all had holes inside? is this normal i was to scared to try it because i thought it needed holes for th oil to flow through?

no but i will the next time i gun in the store i checked all of them to there were like20 of them all solid i have to assume maybe there is some other way the oil flows in there that i couldnt see.

st4386 and yeah speaking of that i also checked almost every other st filter there all had holes wierd

If no holes methinks it was maybe defective. Should it not have a central threaded hole and a ring of smaller holes? Unless it is for some new car model that uses a different flow system.

You mean the ecore with metal under the first holes? I forgot the reason they added the extra plate.

Or the new guy in back forgot to drill them out, has to be one of those.

no ecore in it im familiar with ecore. deff no holes in it. yes it has the normal thread hole baseplate anti drainback valve just when you look inside at the cylander where most filters have circular holes this is just solid i was just thinking wouldnt that starve a engine of oil

Last edited:
It didn't have the little "slits" did it? The ST7317, non Ecores, have the little slits instead of holes.

Originally Posted By: defektes
Most likely defective, mail it to champ labs.

I would definitely buy it, just to send it to Champ Labs. I sent an ST7317 to them after discovering that the element assembly would rattle when the can was shaken. They said the leaf spring was likely damaged from a mis-handled filter case. Maybe. Either way, they did send me four new ST7317 filters.

Plus, I got the satisfaction (truly) of sending a mass-produced product to the company to inspect it for defects. If any improvements are possible in the production system, they won't know about it unless they get to see the defects.

it looks like it might have slits if it does they are so microscopic u cant see them?

id just buy a better filter, if they have a mc for your app at walmart. other wise i would buy a fram extended guard if it had to be from walmart

Originally Posted By: ccapital83
it looks like it might have slits if it does they are so microscopic u cant see them?

That is weird. Never seen a filter like that. Wish you had a picture.
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
...I forgot the reason they added the extra plate.

Just to make it easier to install by feel. You can slide it around until it starts onto the nipple. Before the plate, you had to be dead on with the raised thred flange.

ill take a shot tomorrow i have to stop there anyway
smile.gif

Exact same thing happened to me - but I actually bought and have the filter - discovered it while I was about to install it on my 2005 G35! This was a few weeks ago - been super busy but I will get pictures to you guys in the next few days.

You seen the indentations when the machine was attempting to stamp the holes in the metal, but the holes never punctured thru. (7317 non ecore)

Last edited:
Wow.
Hence the standard intructions to watch the oil pressure light intently when you first start the engine right after an oil change.

(And check for leaks, and check the dipstick....all that kind of thing they tell you to do.)

Quote:
and check the dipstick

Yep, so, like, if the wife yells out at you or one of the kids starts screaming "strangers, strangers!!" out in the front yard, or something, and you forget to put the drain plug back in, hopefully the only thing you lose is 6 qts of M1
cry.gif
instead of an engine..
cry.gif
cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back