DSC02013-1.jpg

DSC02014-1.jpg

DSC02015-1.jpg

DSC02016-1.jpg

DSC02017-1.jpg

DSC02018.jpg

DSC02019.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

Well the filter media cartridge looks to be well made. I just wander why they'd put in a nitrile ADBV if infact it is.

It's a heavy filter. Not as heavy as the M1-209 but well built. The Motorcraft filter I have is a well built filter, I should cut that one open too. For 5k oil changes I think the Baldwin will be a good choice.

Last edited:
Too bad that they don't spend the extra pennies for a silicone ADBV, as Wix does.

Otherwise, a good looking and well constructed filter.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Too bad that they don't spend the extra pennies for a silicone ADBV, as Wix does.

That is an excellent point. I'm not sure that matters if you consider you are only using the filter for 5k. I really think you should check this filter out. My very best friend works for a HUGE company that exclusively uses Baldwin on their generators. I'm talking generators that powered the inauguration in DC for 48 hours without fault. I'm going with this filter because they don't lie to me. LOL>

I wonder if they use silicon on the HPG (high performance glass) versions. They appear to only offer two ..like Donaldson does for their SYNTEQ. One Ford and one Chevy

just put *-HPG in the xref to wild card it. They have a few in the industrial HD line.

Originally Posted By: Badlees
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04

That is an excellent point. I'm not sure that matters if you consider you are only using the filter for 5k. I really think you should check this filter out. My very best friend works for a HUGE company that exclusively uses Baldwin on their generators. I'm talking generators that powered the inauguration in DC for 48 hours without fault. I'm going with this filter because they don't lie to me. LOL>

I'm doing 12 month OCI's in most of my stuff. I prefer a silicone ADBV because of that. (I'm using Wix / NAPA Gold)

Plus, I have no idea if anyone sells Baldwin in this area.

But I'll repeat that it is a good looking filter.

Excellant Filter, however I prefer a by pass valve in the open end, Baldwin/Hastings does have the best closed end by pass valve of all the manufactures, I really like the big spring and the center tube is my favorite.

I read somewhere that the problem with the nitril ADBV shows up when temperatures drop below freezing. They lose their elasticity and don't provide a good seal anymore (dry starts). Can anyone confirm this?

I could only find one place anywhere near me selling Baldwins, it's about 11.5 miles away and I just picked up 4 Baldwin B2 fiters there yesterday (Motorcraft FL1A application) for around $6 each. I could buy Wix 3 miles away, but prefer the nice red color Balwin to the boring black Wix. I like to see the filter when I pop the hood or peek under the car.

From the photos above, looks like the can is fairly sturdy thickness of metal. That is something else to measure when you are cutting open filters.

Oh yeah, I love this place that sells Baldwins. It's like a parts store from the 70s, cigarette smoke in the air (don't like cigarettes, but it's the nostalgic effect that got me), etc, not this polished and sterile look of an Advance Auto or other chains. Anybody on the west side of Detoit interested, the place is Great Lakes Truck & Trailer and they have great hours, till 10 pm weekdays and part of Saturday. Google them, they're in Westland Michigan.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
I could only find one place anywhere near me selling Baldwins, it's about 11.5 miles away and I just picked up 4 Baldwin B2 fiters there yesterday (Motorcraft FL1A application) for around $6 each. I could buy Wix 3 miles away, but prefer the nice red color Balwin to the boring black Wix. I like to see the filter when I pop the hood or peek under the car.

From the photos above, looks like the can is fairly sturdy thickness of metal. That is something else to measure when you are cutting open filters.

Oh yeah, I love this place that sells Baldwins. It's like a parts store from the 70s, cigarette smoke in the air (don't like cigarettes, but it's the nostalgic effect that got me), etc, not this polished and sterile look of an Advance Auto or other chains. Anybody on the west side of Detoit interested, the place is Great Lakes Truck & Trailer and they have great hours, till 10 pm weekdays and part of Saturday. Google them, they're in Westland Michigan.

Enjoy those filters. They are a great choice. I ran the Baldwin but found it's exact equal the Hastings for a dollar less. They are SOLID and the fit and finish is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back