Pennzoil Platnum for ARX rinse phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Frank, it's ok to use PP. The question is WHY? Buy the cheapest SM oil you can find for the 2k mi rinse phase and save the PP for when your'e done.
wink.gif

Quote:

According to Frank, it's ok to use PP. The question is WHY? Buy the cheapest SM oil you can find for the 2k mi rinse phase and save the PP for when your'e done.
wink.gif

Yeah, I am using PP for the 2k-ish 'ARX rinse phase' now but never used ARX. No clue what or where I can find ARX. Ahh, I don't need it on a 28,6xx mile engine.

Quote:

Yeah, I am using PP for the 2k-ish 'ARX rinse phase' now but never used ARX. No clue what or where I can find ARX. Ahh, I don't need it on a 28,6xx mile engine.

How is it possible for you to be in the "ARX rinse phase" if you never use ARX and don't even know where to get it? Have you heard of www. auto-rx.com by any chance?

confused.gif

Quote:

Quote:

How is it possible for you to be in the "ARX rinse phase" if you never use ARX and don't even know where to get it? Have you heard of www. auto-rx.com by any chance?

confused.gif

I meant I was 'in an ARX' clean phase without the ARX. It was a joke. Sarge just simply loves to tune in at this point despite earlier suggestions.

But seriously, as previously mentioned..synthetics due clean neglibly as well.

Cheers

Last edited:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

confused.gif

I meant I was 'in an ARX' clean phase without the ARX. It was a joke. Sarge just simply loves to tune in at this point despite earlier suggestions.

But seriously, as previously mentioned..synthetics due clean neglibly as well.

Cheers

dogface.jpg

Sorry, just a little levity since Sarge already posted a link (there are others as well). Seriously though, Frank has given his blessing along with some very good maint dose results with PP (backed by Terry Dyson).

When I saw that dog picture I started laughing. Usually I only laugh at what 06vtech or what ever he goes by writes. That is a good work of art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back