Pork Cutlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I call that a schnitzel, but obbop won't eat dishes with the letter "z" in the name.
tongue.gif

I rub the meat with lemon oil before breading it. I add spices and herbs (I vary what I use, but usually there's thyme, marjoram or oregano, rosemary, pepper, a little salt) and often sesame seads to the bread crumbs. I don't have a deep fryer, so I panfry the cutlets in grape seed oil. Once they are done, I let the cutlets sit on some paper kitchen towels for a minute or so to absorb excess oil.

The rice is a mix of brown Jasmine (it looks very white in this high key photo) and wild rice, which can be cooked together because they both require the same cooking time. I often add a little saffron to the rice. (Be careful with the saffron, by the way -- don't ask specifics, I beg of you
wink.gif
)

The sauce (flour+butter+minced onion or shallots, broth, carrots, sour cream, herbs and spices) is once again a cream sauce, which is generally my favorite sauce (besides horseradish sauce).

schnitzel_s2244.jpg

Last edited:
Down here, a Pork Cutlet is similar to a loin chop with the skin part removed...usually cooked uncrumbed.

Kids LOVE "yellow rice", which is a basically rice and turmeric...Saffron is $6 for 20 fronds.

Looks yummy.

Would eat, ignoring anti-Z fetish.

Would not rub my meat with lemon oil.

No pic but, did a couple "tenderized" (where butchershop runs it thru almost grinder) cutlets the other night by marinating in soy sauce with sea salt,coarse ground black pepper,and garlic powder. No breading, just pan fried HOT in "Mongolian Fire Oil". Fried till well browned. Excellent!

Bob

Shannow, for pork cutlets I use regular boneless pork loin chops that I butterfly to make two out of them. I pound the pork for thinner edges. Probably over 90% of all cutlets that I make are unbreaded.

obbop, what am I going to do with you? The lemon oil goes on the pork! And just one drop, because it's pretty strong. Hey, maybe it makes a good deoderant?
tounge2.gif
wink.gif

Bob, the soy sauce is what helps caramelize the meat when you panfry it. It works really well also for caramelizing onions.

Get a meat hammer, then you can beat... this conversation is taking an unsavory turn.
frown.gif
Anyway, another good way to tenderize meat to the point it practically melts is by tenderizing it for a couple days in a marinade that contains a few chunks of pineapple (must be fresh pineapple -- canned, pasteurized pineapple does not contain the enzyme bromelaine).

Quote:

another good way to tenderize meat to the point it practically melts is by tenderizing it for a couple days in a marinade that contains a few chunks of pineapple (must be fresh pineapple -- canned, pasteurized pineapple does not contain the enzyme bromelaine).

Papaya is an excellent meat tenderizer. I've used it with very good results. It contains papain, which is used in commercial meat tenderizers.

"maybe it makes a good deoderant"

What is this "deoderant" of which ye writes?

Both, bromelaine and papain are proteinase, enzymes that break down protein, just like pepsin does in our stomach.

Beat your meat.

Another thread Coot finds disturbing.

Or, is it a thread that finds Coot disturbing.

Must ponder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back