This is a sample of 5w20, Blackstone made a mistake. This is 5w20

Iron: 1

Boron: 276

Silicon: 1

Calcium: 1535

Mag: 6

Phos: 568

Zinc: 652

JOHN: We have run a Lucas 5W/30 in the past for you. That earlier sample had a TBN of 8.4, where
this one was 6.8. We have no idea why that variance would exist, though with less boron and calcium
this time, you could assume there has been a minor change to the additive group, or possibly the guy
shoveling the additive in just had an off day when this most recent oil was blended. No moisture or
insolubles found. The viscosity was right on expectations for a 5W/30. This is serviceable oil.

Wow, where's Bill from UT when you need him. I'll take the PZ yellow bottle or QS green bottle any day.

$8 a quart is nuts, even if boron is high.
Even on sale at pepboys for $6 is too high. Noone is buying it. Bottles are dusty. When they're
I wonder who is blending/labelling this for Lucas? and what group synths are being used?

Someone at Pepboys is regretting signing that contract
crazy.gif
Its no different then what happened at Advanceauto with Redline products. Consumers are cheap! There are too many name brand synths that can be had for ~<$5 in various stores: M1, Qs, Pzl, Valv, RotT.....

Thanks for the info and all the VOAs. Could you include viscosity as well, sometimes the viscosity doesn't match the PDS spec. Or if there is a significant difference in viscosity from what you expected, maybe you could just post those viscosities? Thanks.

Well Lucas has ponied up $75 mil for the new football stadium naming rights in Indianapolis.
They need the bucks to make their payments.....
grin.gif

Quote:

Thanks for the info and all the VOAs. Could you include viscosity as well, sometimes the viscosity doesn't match the PDS spec. Or if there is a significant difference in viscosity from what you expected, maybe you could just post those viscosities? Thanks.

Nah, I'm not going to take the time but anyone who wants an emailed copy of the PDF report is welcome to it.

Personally I think this lousy VOA for this oil is lab related, and not manufacturer.

Yes......and they renigged on paying racers who won here in Ontario what they were promised. Their sponsoring everything in sight has also dried up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back