What is everyone going to do when they run out of the Green Stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by bruce381:
another thought is when ever I back engine a product I find you can get only so close.

Because an ester "peak" covers a whole lot of esters you need a sample of what you are looking for to see it its in the suspect formulation
called a baseline.
Bruce

Understand the concept...while there was a key supposition made from the test results, the sophisticated nature of the tests, I believe, sufficiently reduced subjectivity and allowed for empirically-based conclusions.

I don't know who new here is but Terry who is probably Terry Dyson, try Dyson Analysis. Or if you are sorry about talking to new, then were is Terry who? And if all else fails, try a search on 'Dyson'. He might now answer to who, but he will analyse you oil, even if he does not know new here, sorry.

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:
bruce381,

I think it is important for all to clearly understand what you have been saying in this and other posts: i.e the whole Syntec line IS PAO/Ester/Polymer in some form or variation, correct?...NO Gp III

I think it's Castrol USA that started the whole, "We'll market Group III as full synthetic" thing in the late 90's. IIRC, Mobil complained, but the BBB ruled that it was OK, which opened the door to several other companies marketing primarily Group-III based oils as "full synthetic". I believe the US Castrol Syntec oils that contain Group-III also include esters. Over the years, Castrol USA had to withdraw its wild advertising claims, such as the bench engines failing one by one, the car running on a quart of Syntec after being drained, or the "unique molecular bonding" claim (Syntec with FSX).

Not that this has any bearing on the green (or gold) elixer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back