Amsoil Series 2000 0w30 TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by TooSlick:
Robbie,

The condemnation limits are set lower on commercial diesel engines due to their very large sumps. -*-*Ted

That's about all I know about I admit. I know more of what they do based on the nature of my oil is designed for them. I know more about the Gasoline because I have one. Always wanted a good diesel but until Toyota starts to sell their Truck over here in a diesel where I can find them, I'll have to stick to gasoline.

Your point may be very valid, I'd have to look into it more.

It is also why I have been asking about Ratios and additive levels, and other things and have got no real answers.

So, maybe you can show me where the numbers are or can be found for a SPECIFIC car, AND for DIESEL cars in general.

quote:

It is also why I have been asking about Ratios and additive levels, and other things and have got no real answers.

You know that is not true so please retract this statement.

Hi,
TooSlick - this may be of assistance to you.
Detroit's single sample "warning" Iron level is 150ppm. Refer to their publications on the "actual" retest limit on this matter but I use this as a maximum level regardless of DDA's comments

With these engines ( 60 Series @ 12.7 ltrs ) in my trucks the following has applied since the early 1990s;

Average of all UOAs = 95ppm

UOA at OC point average of 90kkms;
Average at OC = 130ppm
Highest at OC = 139ppm ( highest ever )( early OC due to cam problem under warranty )
Lowest at OC = 118ppm

In my installation the engine's refill capacity is 38 litres. Top up averages about 1ltr/6000kms
during OC cycle and I use Mann-Hummel centrifuge bypass filters

Regards

[ January 11, 2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Doug Hillary ]

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:

quote:

You know that is not true so please retract this statement.

about what?
Real answers?
Maybe answers I can use!
Or What's your point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back