15 Honda odyssey 12,563 Miles AMSOIL SSO 5/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bypass VCM with a number of different devices. I used this one on my wife's 2018 RDX. Plug in and go no changing resistors or any of that mess. Also is a bit safer than some of the other units out there in my opinion.

https://www.svcmcontroller.com/

Originally Posted by anndel
Nice numbers on Amsoil SS on SEVERE SERVICE. I went back to SS after a decade on M1 HM. No big deal, just easier to get since everytime it's time for a change when I got to WM the shelves are empty, no PP, PYB, M1, Valvoline and even sometimes Supertech, plus longer OCI. On Amsoil, 1 phone call and my friend/dealer brings it to me.

My experience also....WM oil shelves never seem to have what I need.

Originally Posted by diyjake
where does that bypass plug in?

It plugs into the ECT1 port which is in plain sight right on the front of the motor. Sorry I don't have a picture handy but it takes literally just a few minutes to install. I believe it is in the same location on all the 3.5 v6 J series motors.

Originally Posted by diyjake
where does that bypass plug in?

You unplug the harness from the temp sensor at the coolant manifold on the driver's side front of the engine, stick the VCMTuner/Muzzler into the temp sensor, then stick the other end into the harness. Literally like a 20-second ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back