10w30 hdeo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, anyone have any experience or VOA's with 10w30 hdeo's? Or have the larger oil companies given up on them because they aren't good sellers?

from I heard the 10w-30 7000 Schaeffers is now diesel rated,,,and Mystik 10w-30 which is mineral based is a fine oil,,,,,,BL

what?

lol.gif

come now

I would say that they outpace anything else in volume... just a guess...

A DELO is a Great Oil, and as long as the specs are refined and blended for gasoline use, then it is a great oil to use.

I doubt they will reduce the current production unless some major worldly developments happen.

15-40 will likely be the mainstay in a majority of the diesels, and they will continue 10-30.

You could also look into Amsoil's 10w30/SAE 30 oil as it is diesel rated, contains no viscocity improvers, and in my opinion, is fairly reasonably priced for a full synthetic product.

If it weren't for the fact that I'm not going to be driving my Dodge much this winter, I would've put this in my crankcase, but went with a regular HDEO dino in 15w40, just because I'll have to drain based on time vs mileage, so I couldn't justify the extra cost.

I'm running Rotella 10w30 in our Geo Tracker right now with LC to help clean up the engine. Tracker seems to like it. This is my actual first time running a HDEO oil in a gas engine so, will see? op

id love to get ahold of some 10w30 hdeo but here in south florida all the chain stores sell is sae30 and 15w40. all the stupid little redneck stores only sell sae 40.
the little stores dont even carry 15w40.

Ordering online or throught the mail isn't all THAT bad Master ACiD. I know that shipping can be pricey, but unless you love going to the chain store and listening to the morons behind the counters tell you about this being on sale and that product being better than what your buying, the oil comes right to YOUR door, ready for you to play with...

Web site says Delo is not available in 10W-30. Delvac and Rotella are, if you can find them. Shell recommends looking at truck stops.

I have an app where I would like to try some non-synthetic 10W-30 HDEO myself. None available near me. I'm going to have to stop at some truck stops next time I'm on a road trip.

Local NAPA does not stock DELO 10w30, but they can get it in about 2 days from their distributor. Minimum purchase applies. 1 case (6 pac of gallons).

No retail stores carried 10w30 hdeo. I called local Chevron distributors and they stock the Delo 10w30 in gallon containers.

Menards carries Rotella 10w-30 at some of their stores, at least the ones around Chicagoland.

Rotella 10-30 is available at WM. I have seen Delvac 10-30 at truckstops while travelling. Truck Pro outlets can get it, as well as jobbers. The Rotella 10-30 is certainly more robust than Shell's conventional 10-30 with a higher TBN, and I believe a better base oil. I have used it in the past in a Villager (210,000 miles) and am running it in a 5.0 Silverado with 130,000. Good stuff IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back