The Big 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 02SE
Congrats.

I'm only about 488k behind you in my RAM.
grin.gif

Ever haul any trailers for New Horizons in Kansas?

No. I pull trailers out of Elkhart, Indiana for manufacturers such as KZ, Dutchmen, Jayco, and Grand Design. Have also towed a couple of pontoon boats for Barletta.

Originally Posted by gman2304
1/2 million miles on the rear factory shoes speaks volumes on the type of driver you are! Great job!

That or perhaps that the rear brakes no longer work.
27.gif

That's awesome, man. Half a million miles in any vehicle is an accomplishment. Considering how you use it, I wouldn't be surprised if it makes it to a full million. Do you plan on keeping it until then?

This generation of Ram making a full million is not even news anymore. Should be good for the loooooooong haul.

Glad to hear your rear brakes last so long. My Rams don't keep their disc rear pads as long as the fronts lol.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by gman2304
1/2 million miles on the rear factory shoes speaks volumes on the type of driver you are! Great job!

That or perhaps that the rear brakes no longer work.
27.gif

They work to at least the extent that the parking brake still works! When towing, I anticipate moves in traffic, and leave a lot of following distance, so I don't have to brake hard, and the trailer brakes do most of the work. Out on the road, I can drive for hours without using the brakes. And I have gotten rear-wheel lockups when running unloaded, which isn't supposed to happen because the truck has rear-wheel antilock. That hasn't worked since I put on the lowering kit in 2013.

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
Very cool. What kind of fuel economy?

Anywhere from 7.5 to 23 mpg, depending on what I'm doing and driving conditions.
Typical is 11 mpg towing a 7000lb travel trailer of 102 sq ft frontal area at 65 mph.
Running free, it's 20-22 mpg at 75 mph.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gotnogunk
This is Bob the OIL guy, what lubes and filters do you use??

My default combination is RT6 with Fleetguard synthetic filters. But sometimes I run Fram Ultra filters because I can get them at any Walmart.
This summer I ran Valvoline High Mileage Heavy Duty Diesel with Fram Ultra filters.

Here is a link to my most recent UOA. I have been monitoring this truck for many years.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...ne-hm-diesel-15w40-29k-miles#Post4887633

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back