Heat Shrink Sleeves for Frantz and MotorGuards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Why did you keep the huge air compressor on the back?!?!?

Sorry for the late reply, I put it on the back as it free's up the belt driven items on the front of the engine. When I first set this engine up it was going into a Ford 550 chassis with a Peterbilt 379 cab and a Fuller RTO 6610, so more that enough room for that application. I would still love to make that happen, but my wife put the brakes on the Peterbilt build. Now that I'm using the automatic transmission there is no need for air compressor.

Originally Posted By: jacobs
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Why did you keep the huge air compressor on the back?!?!?

Just guessing...Reverse the inlet & outlet and use it for a vacuum pump?

It was going to be used for shifting the Fuller 10 speed, air ride, air horns, and air starter.:)

Quick update on the heat shrink, it's a fail. After 8000 miles the heat shrink no longer sticks to the center MotorGuard and comes off with the roll. It's a pain in the *** to get it out of the roll to use again, so it's not very convenient. I'm going to try o-rings next and if I don't like that I'll make aluminum sleeves.

The heat shrink tubing I used is still working good after about 5 years but it didn't have any adhesive on the inside and it was specifically “oil resistant”. As mentioned earlier, there were no manufacturers marks on it.

Originally Posted By: jacobs
The heat shrink tubing I used is still working good after about 5 years but it didn't have any adhesive on the inside and it was specifically “oil resistant”. As mentioned earlier, there were no manufacturers marks on it.

Thanks, I thought heat shrink I bought was really going to work well, but the adhesive is the weak link. I’ll stick to the aluminium sleeve in future as once they’re made it’s lifetime. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back