Oil recommendation for H22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
Right on man, that's 12.3mm of lift more than pretty much any other car leaves the factory with. 35mm intake valves same as K-series IIRC and a 70mm TB - that's Mustang size. Power output not much a surprise there. That's gotta be a blast around the track!

I think it’s 30mm intake valves. Not 100%. Stock TB is either 60 or 62mm. Stock cam lift on intake is .456. Gotta love VTEC lol. 100% bone stock engine with TB made 188 whp.

At 2300Lbs with me in it, it definitely has some get up and go! Lol

No exhaust upgrades? Headers, ECU tuning? Is yours the Japanese spec motor? I know these make about 200hp locally but the japan spec engines always have a bit more power. Yours is making more at the wheels than it did at the engine! Wish the old Mazda engines had as much aftermarket support as the Hondas do.

EDIT: 188WHP stock (with TB upgrade), I wonder about these dynos sometimes as that's only about a 6% loss to the wheels. In Australia we always seem to get lower numbers than our American counterparts. We might make 120KW (160'ish HP) and guys with same mods make 180-190whp in the states. Anyways it does sound like it goes real good!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KL31
No exhaust upgrades? Headers, ECU tuning? Is yours the Japanese spec motor? I know these make about 200hp locally but the japan spec engines always have a bit more power. Yours is making more at the wheels than it did at the engine! Wish the old Mazda engines had as much aftermarket support as the Hondas do.

EDIT: 188WHP stock (with TB upgrade), I wonder about these dynos sometimes as that's only about a 6% loss to the wheels. In Australia we always seem to get lower numbers than our American counterparts. We might make 120KW (160'ish HP) and guys with same mods make 180-190whp in the states. Anyways it does sound like it goes real good!

Headers are not allowed in our class. Car is tuned. I was under the impression there it was more like 20% loss through the drivetrain.

You garage ported a 70mm throttle body to the existing intake manifold? I'm looking to go with a larger throttle body on my H22 also but that was a question I had. TIA

EDIT - kl31 the JDM Type S makes 220 vs 200 in the USDM, cams and a different airbox do the trick. One of the smaller differences in JDM vs USDM Hondas, 20hp is not much compared to some motors like back in the B series days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back