LS oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Unless your truck is running under 13 seconds in the 1/4 mile,
don't waste your money. I've seen too many people throw money into vehicles to run embarrassing times. The only thing they
achieved was making their vehicle loud and sucky to drive.

This statement should be under the title of every automotive performance magazine in existence.

Originally Posted By: Sealbilly

I'd say so, it weighs less and geared lower. I was mearly being a ahole to the guy being an ahole.

Oh, I know..... we usually can't get away with brand bashing in this forum.

I own vehicles from 5 different manufacturers - - no real favorites.
The only ones I don't like are Chrysler products (those darn electrical systems....)

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Sealbilly

I'd say so, it weighs less and geared lower. I was mearly being a ahole to the guy being an ahole.

Oh, I know..... we usually can't get away with brand bashing in this forum.

I own vehicles from 5 different manufacturers - - no real favorites.
The only ones I don't like are Chrysler products (those darn electrical systems....)

Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm a chevy guy but Love late 60s to mid 70s ford trucks and the 54-56 fords trucks and my company truck was a 94 ford with the 7.3 international motor, loved that truck. They offered me a new dodge 3 or 4 times and every time they bought a new one I passed and kept driving my ol brute. I'm not a chystler fan except jeep wranglers when they had the I6 in them and their diesel trucks are ok minus the transmissions. My wife loved the grand Cherokee, we had 3, never again. That's the reason all ice cream isn't chocolate some folks like strawberry.

What if I put that 6.0 in a tang with 410 gears? Still wanna race? Pretty common swap by the way. Wink. Have a good day man and a Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
5w30 is fine for your application. A few passes down the drag strip on a mildly modified 6.0 doesn't require higher viscosity. The duration of time actually under full load conditions is not long enough to heat the oil enough to be concerned about low viscosity. If you tow or haul heavy in the mountains of TN on a regular basis, that would be more reason to put in a 40-weight. But GM doesn't recommend 40 for the LS engines anyway.

My high mileage Tahoe 5.3 (125k) loves her some M1HM at the spec’d weight of 5W-30. Cuts oil consumption and runs smoothly. You can almost feel the beefier add-pack. This engine has been my dumping ground for leftover oil odds and ends. Frankly, it runs on anything as long as you keep some oil on the dipstick.

In my cherry ‘14 Camaro LS with only 12,000 on the clock, 8 qts of standard M1 5W-30 does great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back