what do folks use on their alloy wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
most alloy wheels are clear coated so just keep them clean, although waxing can help or a quick detailer i like. with raw alloy wheels it all depends on the aluminum alloy + the factory finish. i had a set of Budnick's a long time ago, they were spendy then but really spendy these days. the car lives only a few blocks away with its new owner + those wheels still rival chrome with their original high polished high quality billet aluminum. takes about an hr each a few times a year depending on your climate + useage!!

I use Meguiars Gold Class wax on mine
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
cheers3.gif

I was going to ask you what you used on your wheels, and the whole car, for that matter, in your other thread, Malos. I assume it is Gold Class as well for the paint?

Your car looks sharp!

all depends on the finish, most are just painted or powder coated + usually have a clear on them. raw high quality clean alloy wheels can be shined to a chrome like finish, i had a set of budnick famosa's on my 72 cutlass they were a thing of beauty with the inside as nice as the out, expensive years ago + very expensive today. they are made to order to your specs!!!

Originally Posted By: irv
Originally Posted By: Malo83
cheers3.gif

I was going to ask you what you used on your wheels, and the whole car, for that matter, in your other thread, Malos. I assume it is Gold Class as well for the paint?

Your car looks sharp!

Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid synthetic polymer wax...after washed them well and clay-bar treatment of course.

DdY4iSRV0AIwdxP.jpg

DdY4kooUwAE855C.jpg

Last edited:
I have gloss black painted Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels for my summer setup.

I wash them with the same Meguiars Gold Class wash I use for the body (but a totally separate pail for the wheels), and use the Wolfgang 3.0 DG Sealant on them right before putting them on for the summer season, but while they are off of the car.

Every other full car wash during the summer season, I throw a thin coat of the Collinite 845 on them, as their spoke count, and design make them VERY hard to wax without spending hours on the project.
frown.gif

They get washed with Dawn and a dedicated mitt, and I apply whatever spray-on paint sealer I'm using that day.

Renny Doyle Double Black Bead Maker
Chemical Guys V7 Optical
GTechniq C2v3 Liquid Crystal
Optimum Opti-Seal
CarPro Reload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back