Did KIA use 100% antifreeze from the factory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I am wrong. I checked with a premixed antifreeze and the needle in the coolant tester went directly to the 50/50 mark.

Originally Posted By: boom10ful
So I measured a couple of antifreeze mixes and it looks like the KIA antifreeze is around 70%-80% antifreeze. I'll add some water and dilute it tomorrow.

How exactly did you ascertain that concentration? I wouldn't add any water, if it is 70% then it is just fine.

Something tells me you really don't know what the concentration is and we're still going on "it looks really dark green" is all.

A refractometer would remove all the guessing. If it is still under the powertrain warranty, I would be tempted to let the dealer take care of it just to have it on record that somebody screwed up. And, it would CYA in case some kind of bizarre engine malfunction occurred. Highly unlikely, but strange things sometimes happen.

I am 95% sure. I tested various antifreeze concentrations using the coolant tester and based on the results it comes back around 70%-80% antifreeze.

I can't buy a refractometer at this time and I don't think its worth it. For the price I can buy a gallon of concentrate and drain and fill the system.

I wouldnt be too concerned . Yes KIA coolant is dark green looking in the overfill reservoir, when it drains from the rad it is much lighter in color. Ive never heard anything about incorrect factory coolant ratios. Dont stress about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back